It's been a bad week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's been a bad week

cabbagesoup
cabbagesoup Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in Coffee lounge
Well it's mental health awareness week.  For me it's been a bad week. I have ptsd gad spine and knee injury so mentally and physically fried!  I'm at home alone awaiting a car recovery service to take a look at my car as it's loosing fluid.  All week my blood pressure has been really low.  I feel unwell my stress levels are off the scale I have had loss trauma zero sleep until last night finally I slept.  The alarm went off at 7am I wanted to just close my eyes and go to sleep. But no up I got slowly sat for ages and blood pressure is low but not as bad. I dressed and crashed out of the house arriving at my mental health group feeling a bit gray fuzzy interacted but felt odd.  I have know a few a couple of years and it seemed to be all going on around me but I was interacting but no idea now what about.  I went into back garden for first time this year a nice friend strimmed the lawn but boy it's a tiny mess sat in my little sanctuary in the corner feeling so tired so unwell and just overwhelmed.  Mess to be sorted all over the house now the garden is on the giant to do list I have so many half finished jobs I have lost count.  I have finally said a four letter word I have never said before HELP!

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cabbagesoup Pleased to meet you welcome

Sorry you are having a tough time. Thanks for sharing

We as a community do understand.  We care and share have concern.

Hope you can find information and support on anything you need.

Have you asked your mental health support group for advice and help.

Just a suggestion.

I know have been there so many times and do know it is not easy asking for help and support.

I am sure some one might be able to help and advise.

I had a support worker did not like asking for help and support but had to.
    So much was grateful for her time and energy.

She even read my mind. So knew about my issues and problems.

Hope that helps.  You can do this.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    You don't say where you live, but if you have a local community noticeboard why not advertise for someone who would help in garden, perhaps in return for being able to grow a few veggies or take some cut flowers?  There are often people who would love to do some gardening, but have nowhere to plant anything. 
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @cabbagesoupas @veriterc above said, advertise for someone who wants to do a bit of gardening and grow things there, it is a mutually benefificial idea. Also ask about local gardening schools/college workers who might need somewhere to transform for a project or part of a design competition, you never know what may come out of it.

You might have a lot of half finished jobs, but you have started them and that is half the battle.

The people in your group will understand, would it be possible to arrange a coffee morning with the few you know ?

I do hope you feel better soon, and hope you find a way to sort out some of your to do list.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.

Brightness