Working — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working

shelly1994
shelly1994 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello all 
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year I'm currently full time employed im at the point where I'm forcing myself to work even on bad days coz the agency I work for dosent pay sick pay I'm struggling to cope

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shelly1994

Employers must make reasonable adjustments to make sure workers with disabilities, or physical or mental health conditions, aren’t substantially disadvantaged when doing their jobs.

Reasonable adjustments include:

• changing the recruitment process so a candidate can be considered for a job
    • doing things another way, such as allowing someone with social anxiety disorder to have their own desk instead of hot-desking
    • making physical changes to the workplace, like installing a ramp for a wheelchair user or an audio-visual fire alarm for a deaf person
    • letting a disabled person work somewhere else, such as on the ground floor for a wheelchair user
    • changing their equipment, for instance providing a special keyboard if they have arthritis
    • allowing employees who become disabled to make a phased return to work, including flexible hours or part-time working
    • offering employees training opportunities, recreation and refreshment facilities
    You can read more about it here

Have you spoke to your employee/HR?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness