Stressssssssss — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressssssssss

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
After capita having my forms for about 4 months now as I requested home visit .rang today told me the doctors letter was declined.said I need too use a different health person or a carer .then she told me an appointment had been made for the 16th of June at Birmingham! !!.I live in Nottingham. Rang my welfare adviser and he told me too ring and cancel that one. So rang hem back .too be told they can't delete it untill a make a different appointment at Nottingham! .and then she said it was actually derby .are they just lying?.nothing hey day makes sense I don't understand .welfare adviser us going too start a complaint but looks like they making me go .I've so had enough 

Comments

• itsmefee
    itsmefee Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    What a mess. It is just one continuous battle with them isn't it ?  I recently complained to my MP about the way my Universal Credit was dealt with and she wrote a complaint directly to the Secretary of State at the DWP so they will have to deal with it.  I suggest that you do the same. 
    If everyone does this then both the MPs and Govt will get fed up with it and have to make changes. 

You must feel like banging your head on a brick wall right now. 

I am due an assessment very soon after returning my forms to Universal Credit. I will insist on a home visit. The amusing thing is that I am in the Contributory ESA support Group and receive part Universal Credit and it is possible that they will find me fit for work in Universal Credit while I am in the Support Group for ESA. 
    It will be interesting to see how they manage that one !!!! 

It really is a complete and utter farce. 
  • littleruthie123
    OMG I can't believe that .so having too go all through it again wow..I don't believe a word they say .they say something different everyone. I can't understand how they get away with it .don't envy you the blooming universal credit ;can't wait ?.thanks for your reply .I am defienewly going too stick with it complain too who I have too .it's so worse than even a few years ago 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • littleruthie123
    Yes your are right there .my impatience got the better of me ..they say also responsible when you ring .but are calls actually recorded too .how do they get away with it ?.thanks think I will need it 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    itsmefee said:
     I am in the Contributory ESA support Group and receive part Universal Credit and it is possible that they will find me fit for work in Universal Credit while I am in the Support Group for ESA. 

Yes the way the DWP is so contradictory

I was awarded Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit purely for mental health (PTSD & frontal lobe damage) at 40%
    My last re-assessment was in 2011 where they decided to make it a 'for life' award.

Yet in 2013 following a face to face assessment for the transfer from DLA (HRM & MRC) the assessor carried out a mental health assessment and came to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me!!! Consequently no PIP award was made.

• littleruthie123
    Wow @Yadnad .that's awful there getting away with murder .did you appeal .there just not following the apparent mental health guide are they .
  • littleruthie123
    So universal credit make you have another face 2 face jezzzzzz 
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    Wow @Yadnad .that's awful there getting away with murder .did you appeal .there just not following the apparent mental health guide are they .

I asked them to look at it again (MR) and a few weeks later they upped the award from nothing to Enhanced Care & Mobility!

They did the same thing again in 2015 no award following a face to face but when asked to look at it again they once again upped it to Enhanced Care & Mobility.

Happened again in 2017, but this time the DWP agreed when they looked at it again that the assessor was right - no award!

I have given up trying to work out their logic.
  • littleruthie123
    There defienewly is no logic .and it varies so much. All we can do I suppose is keeping complaining .it's awful too think you have tons of evidencere from different professionals for some assessed too say no and make up lies. Hate them hate her system .wish I could get well again and say f you too them ?
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    wish I could get well again and say f you too them ?
    I have done!! Not got well - unlikely that that will happen, but have pulled out of their game and although nearly £200 down a week in income, I know that I will never have to play with them again - it's sort of a relief in a way.
  • littleruthie123
    Ah yes I can imagine ! ..one of the best things for me when I worked before illness was never having too deal with these idiots !!.gets too you mentally it really does 
  • Yadnad
    edited November 2022
    Ah yes I can imagine ! ..one of the best things for me when I worked before illness was never having too deal with these idiots !!.gets too you mentally it really does 
    I agree with Mike [removed by moderator] when he says that the DWP and the 'benefit industry' are now so tied in with politics that anybody expecting a fair deal are likely to be disappointed.

Incidentally I spend every week arguing with conservative politicians who seek to follow the party path and fail to see the impact on ordinary people. It's why I am in politics - to try to point them towards the errors of their way.  
  • littleruthie123
    Yes they are on a mission big time ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.