Confused - DWP failed to send docs to Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused - DWP failed to send docs to Tribunal

Options
AmyS1992
AmyS1992 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Hello.

I will try and summarise this briefly:

I have been messed around and lied to by the DWP for 10 months now. I submitted a MR, and then a second and third (as per DWP instructions) and eventually gave up and enlisted help putting together an appeal form from CAB.

The appeal was submitted in March and I have had a letter today from HM Tribunal to say that the DWP failed to respond to the Tribunal within 28 days. I have also involved my local MP who failed to respond to my last email.

Has this happened to anyone else/what does this mean?

I am very confused and scared and am tired of living life in a permanent state of anxiety.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could phone tribunal clerk and ask what happens when the DWP fail to respond within 28 days.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What should happen and what actually happens couldn't be further apart.
    Yes they are required to submit information within 28 days but let's be honest all the court does is give them another 28 days knowing that the DWP will get round to replying. 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Unfair always round we have to submit our MR and Appeals in 28 days but they do not.
    I think the Tribunal should go a head without the DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.