If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Confused - DWP failed to send docs to Tribunal

AmyS1992AmyS1992 Member Posts: 16 Courageous

I will try and summarise this briefly:

I have been messed around and lied to by the DWP for 10 months now. I submitted a MR, and then a second and third (as per DWP instructions) and eventually gave up and enlisted help putting together an appeal form from CAB.

The appeal was submitted in March and I have had a letter today from HM Tribunal to say that the DWP failed to respond to the Tribunal within 28 days. I have also involved my local MP who failed to respond to my last email.

Has this happened to anyone else/what does this mean?

I am very confused and scared and am tired of living life in a permanent state of anxiety.


  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    You could phone tribunal clerk and ask what happens when the DWP fail to respond within 28 days.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    What should happen and what actually happens couldn't be further apart.
    Yes they are required to submit information within 28 days but let's be honest all the court does is give them another 28 days knowing that the DWP will get round to replying. 
  • lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Unfair always round we have to submit our MR and Appeals in 28 days but they do not.
    I think the Tribunal should go a head without the DWP.
Sign in or join us to comment.