Anyone else finds it disgusting that this govt are actively waging a war against the disabled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else finds it disgusting that this govt are actively waging a war against the disabled?

Options
pjp
pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
New to this forum but i was wondering if anyone else has had their fill of being refused esa and pip benefits. If anyone else finds it disgusting that this govt are actively waging a war against the disabled leading to people taking thier own lives?
If so please let me know if you would sign a parttion against this and if anyone has advice on taking the dwp to the court of human rights.
Any comments advice or thoughts will be greatly received. Thank you. 

Comments

• pjp
    Options
    Thank you. I have looked at the links but they are not relevant to me. I have been refused pip and so have to again go the appeal route as with esa. 
    Dwp took no notice of any of my details and disability. It was probably decided before the assesment stage that i would be refused. The mandatory reconsideration will also just be an excercise in futility. 
  • pjp
    Options
    Also i find it very upsetting that Scope will do nothing to defend the disabled in this war against their members and those very ppl the organisation is meant to help. If they were to join others such as Mind and join the lobbying and start a nation wide awareness campaign no doubt something positive would come out of it. In my book if you do nothing you are just as bad and stand along side the ones victimising the disabled. 
  • pjp
    Options
      Steve51  
    I am waiting to hear back from Mind to disuss the petition 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    pjp said:
    Also i find it very upsetting that Scope will do nothing to defend the disabled in this war against their members and those very ppl the organisation is meant to help. If they were to join others such as Mind and join the lobbying and start a nation wide awareness campaign no doubt something positive would come out of it. In my book if you do nothing you are just as bad and stand along side the ones victimising the disabled. 

I'm sorry but I must disagree. All the way through the implementation of PIP, the likes of Scope and many other charities forced the government into making law what PIP is today.
    If you are arguing that the DWP is at fault in the way they operate the system, then yes they are. But to say that PIP in it's present form was not fought over - well you are completely wrong.
  • pjp
    Options
    No im not saying it wasnt fought over.
    Whither it was or wasnt is immaterial. 
    All that matters is the state it is in now. The reality. 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    Frustrating; unfair,unjust .I can understand how people get suicidal and take there own lives.it does seem too be getting worse. I don't no the answers .somethingso got too give some were somehow .I share your frustration 
  • pjp
    Options
    Im sorry you do but sadly this affects 1000s upon 1000s of us. Unfortunately nothing will give as noone not even Scope are doing anything. 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    pjp said:
    Im sorry you do but sadly this affects 1000s upon 1000s of us. Unfortunately nothing will give as noone not even Scope are doing anything. 
    What exactly would you want to see happen? Change PIP? Into what? Force the DWP to act responsibly? How? 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    I would be interested in  signing any petition. Regarding this 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    In all thinking, would you actually suggest that such a petition would change anything?

You have the non disabled who in part see disability benefits as another means to live without having to work. 

• pjp
    Options
    Yes i would.

Im sure there are a few.

I may be reading between the lines here but you seem to be excusing the dwp and totally ignoring the amount of suicides and deaths they cause. If so please dont reply as there will be no response from me. 
  • pjp
    Options
    Littleruthie123
    I am waiting to take some advice on the petition before i start one. 
    My biggest fear is that there may be a number of them already out there and i wouldnt want to water them down so to speak. Also i would like to consider if there are some that they can all be almalgimated into one and it have the backing of a big recognised nationwide organisation. 
    Mind are lobbying the govt on benefits so they would be my first choice. 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Great plz keep me updated .we having too keep fighting !.I would like too understand how there are able too get out of the mental health descriptors that I thought they had been told too adhear too .which obviously there  other and getting away with it .
  • pjp
    Options
    They are obviously are a law unto themselves and following gvt instruction. 
    I found this from someone some time back. Im going to once i receive my refusal letter. WE ALL SHOULD. please share.

I have found out myself just how corrupt, incompetent and mind-bogglingly stupid the DWP and ATOS can be. Ask your MP to obtain forms for referring the matter to the Parliamentary Ombudsman should this become necessary
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    I've written a letter too my mp this morning on more or less the same subject .will see if I get a reply .if I do will mention above also .nothing ventured..........
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Well how they get away with it I don't understand  how tight it's become .and it's the genuine who get penalised. Terrible terrible system
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    I still wouldent say I understand what the government are trying too do personally 
  • pjp
    Options
    Of course they should be careful of scammers no arguments there. 
    But this is not about that. This is about victimising vunerable disabled ppl leading to suicides and deaths.
    Thank you for the caring advice. I have an acquired brain injury leading from an intentional hit and run while on my motor bike. Unfortunately there is little help available for brain injury in the UK and even less in this part of the country were i live.
    I hope you are living as best you can. 
  • pjp
    Options
    This is about legitamate ppl who are vunerable aNd in need. Dwp has no care who is legitimate and who isnt. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.