Did not receive letter for review, now my PIP has been cancelled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did not receive letter for review, now my PIP has been cancelled

Options
Pamsters56
Pamsters56 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Because I did not receive my letter inviting me for an interview to review my PIP the decision was made to cancel this! I first honed & explained why I hadn’t turned up & was asked to do this in writing which I did! I have just received a letter stating that they are standing by their decision! So I have gone from the higher rate to nothing! They can’t reschedule a meeting for me! I find this hard to believe! Because of point scoring I didn’t think I would qualify for the higher rate but to be completely shunned! This can’t be right! I suffer from Astio Artheritis in both knees & am in pain from the moment I open my eyes to shutting them & can only walk a few steep without one of my knees collapsing!
Hope you can advise!
thank you!

Comments

• Pamsters56
    Pamsters56 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have just spoken to a case worker for PIP & asked why they want to spend all that money on a tribunal when they could just re- schedule me an interview, she couldn’t answer that question so a money wasting tribunal it is!!! Can’t figure them out! 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    i am afraid its one rule for them and one for us disabled when it comes to PIP
    When i had my tribunal they were told to attend in person by the court they just did not bother coming and were not penalised
    Good luck with the tribunal but there is a 9 month wait now because of so many wrong decisions made by the DWP

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.