DLA/care component — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA/care component

SethLaa
SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I should know all this info by now but my thick head is catching up with my sick body haha, I am now at the point where I desperately need extra help around the home (housework etc) but will find it a financial struggle to employ a cleaner. What I would like to ask is:- am I correct in thinking that to try to get an increase in the care component of DLA (mid to high) all I need to do is visit my local DWP/jobcentre plus office to apply and will this application automatically offset the transition from DLA to PIP. I am currently in the support group of CB ESA  and thought that I read somewhere that my postcode/area (SL1-Slough/Berkshire) should have already transferred over to PIP. Apologies for the long post and many thanks in advance for your input, best wishes from Seth

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    A change of circumstances when still on DLA, providing that you were not 65 before 8th April 2013, will mean an automatic transfer to PIP and everything that goes with it.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    If you ask for an increase in DLA this might trigger an invitation to claim PIP early.   I wouldn't advise anyone to claim PIP before DWP ask them to do so as claiming PIP can be a hassle.
  • SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    I understand and am grateful for what you are both saying but as for the change from PIP to DLA I don't really see any difference as to either claiming now or later, either way the DWP is gonna try to screw me over, I may as well do it now, thanks for your input.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.