Update - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update

Options

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Call the crisis team or whatever contact details you got on discharge from hospital 
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    I’ve been trying all day to get through to my mental health team but with no luck. Going to try someone else to see if they can help. Need help soon.
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi  @cripps

So sorry your having a bad day.
    Have you got through to the mental health team?
    Can your doctor not help push it through quicker for you?
    They phoned my husband the same day, I went to see mine.
    I wish i knew what to say
    If your struggling you can also contact the Samaritans?
    Bev
  • cripps
    Options
    Thank you, I’m going to give it till 5 o’clock and if nobody has contacted me then I’m going to ring my GP. It’s a horrible feeling being alone with no where to turn, I’ve never felt so low. Thanks for being around, much appreciated. 
  • cripps
    Options
    Well my mental health team have phone me and have put things in place for the near future but what I’m worried about is how long it’s going to take, i placed my concern about how i feel now but all they said was to contact my GP which i have and I’m just waiting for a phone call, lets hope i can get something in  place soon.  I’m worried about tonight. 
  • lolaboots
    lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi @cripps,
    I understand,i attempted suicide just a couple of weeks ago after many years of on/off suicidal thoughts.
    It is hard to get help sometimes for any mental illness such as depression as the vast majority of professional people you turn to initially for help simply don't/won't understand or learn.
    2 days after my attempt,my GP tried to prescribe the same anti depressant i had taken 3  years ago,i had never felr so low in my life at that point and it was the cause of me changing gp surgeries-all in my notes but my gp didn't look before printing out the script obviously.

On the plus side,it's nice to see so many positive,encouraging comments rather than snipey,sarcastic replies you can get when a certain type of person thinks before they type,there is no need or tolerance foir that on a site like this,surely.

I hope you'll be ok <3<3
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Options
    susan48 said:
    Neil aka @cripps Sorry to read this sad news and the suffering your going through I've been their to, lucky enough I have now a great support team in place I also wanted to be put on the DNAR register so if I ever tried again I woulden't be brought back to life. They won't put me on that register because of my mental state and say I'm not savvy enough to make that decision.

I really feel for you buddy because the whole process of going round and around just to survive is hard. One thing I have learnt since I did the same as yourself it made me more determined to fight these people and not let them add you as Just a statistic on a bit of paper.

Stay strong stay safe. Where all here for you and you know that. God bless.
    Sorry to change the subject but @Gov@Governments_A_Joke can you tell me where you asked about the DNR?
    I have been thinking about doing this for a while and don’t know how to, have done a search online but still don’t know.
    @cri@cripps, glad to gear your getting out and about now 
    @susan48 You need to ask your Doctor to be put on the  Do Not resuscitate register, but I doubt very much they will do it for you as mine woulden't as I'm not mentally capable to make that decision and have that choice. So I was point blank refused.

@cripps Now you have now got a team in place hopefully it won't take to long to see them they will help you I've now been with mine for over 4 years and help me sort lots of things out Benefits being one. You will still get days why bother but one you can trust them you will be glad you did.

Also don't let this beat you, your worth more than that Neil and being alone is very hard. I thought I would never be in the situation of being alone but how wrong I was it's one of the most hardest things to cope with, I don't trust people FTF that's why I won't got to Benefit assessments my team deal with them for me so far so good. Take care buddy and that goes for anyone else in this situation.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• sunnydays1
    sunnydays1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Big cuddles to anyone struggling with depression I am new to group so hoping to have some lovely chats with you all :-)
  • cripps
    Options
    Morning everyone hope you’re ok ?? Just off to pick my prescription up from the GP hope this works this time. Have a good day and stick with it folks let’s show them we can beat it. 
  • lolaboots
    Options
    cripps said:
    Morning everyone hope you’re ok ??
    Morning!I'm going to be rushing around later,making sure i have evrything i need for my UC interview this afternoon.Blue arsed fly won't come into it :D:)
  • cripps
    Options
    Very good hope everything goes ok for you, try and find 5 mins to recharge before starting off  again. Have a good one. 
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Good Morning @cripps

Hope you've had a good night?

I'm so relieved you are now getting help, from the mental health team. 
    And your doctor is now supporting you too. You sound positive this morning, which is really good to hear.
    Have a lovely day
    Bev x
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you were in that much pain, @cripps. I've been there too. It does get better....

• cripps
    Options
    Cheers folks you’re so kind, with positive tweets to myself and everyone else it makes life that little bit better. I’m feeling a little better today only had two panic attack’s this morning which is a lot better than yesterday. Thank you for all your support hopefully one day i can do the same for you . NC
  • cripps
    Options
    Good morning everyone, well my mental health team haven’t been in touch and it’s been a while now, could do with someone giving me a call. Struggling and having panic attack’s but what can i do I’ve tried everything to get help. , what a shame, mental health who are they and where are they? NC 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lolaboots
    Options
    Thanks @victoriad,i hate having my picture taken but i don't mind this one,i'm looking thin at least  :#:#.And i wonder why people think i'm mentaL
  • cripps
    Options
    Love it, sums us all up, WERE’R ALL SO CRAZY ?!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cripps
    Options
    That was so cool, haven’t laughed for a good while? do you think my room will look like that when i get taken in? I don’t fancy using the wallpaper for toilet paper especially if it’s wood chip ?, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.