Council say didn't get letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council say didn't get letter

Options
david22
david22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I wrote to council last September to tell them about change of circumstances, which was, my son finished college and is 18 so he is classed as a non dependant. I get the daily living component of PIP so my benefits are not reduced because of a non dependant living with me.     A week ago I got a letter from council asking what my sons situation is, I phoned them to tell them I wrote and gave this info last September and they said they didn't get it. I don't owe them any council tax and housing benefit but am worried what will happen. I am disabled and bipolar and suffer from very bad depression. I have posted before about this, but didn't word it well, anyone got any idea what will happen?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello david22 and welcome to the scope community, this will be a warning to yourself and others when sending documents,evidence or any other papers to organisations give them a call to check they have received the Infomation sent. You may lose some of your council benefits but not your PIP. Keep in touch with your council for more Infomation and contact your local CAB for advice
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @david22, how are you doing? Have you managed to send the council the information they were looking for now?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    wilko said:
    Hello david22 and welcome to the scope community, this will be a warning to yourself and others when sending documents,evidence or any other papers to organisations give them a call to check they have received the Infomation sent. You may lose some of your council benefits but not your PIP. Keep in touch with your council for more Infomation and contact your local CAB for advice
    But then should you have to?
    The DWP rely on the fact that anything sent by them to a claimant is deemed to have arrived within 48 hours of posting.
    Surely the same should apply to information sent by a claimant?

• david22
    david22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi pippa scope, yes I posted the info to the council last week, waiting for their response now
  • wanderinggal
    wanderinggal Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Send all letters via registered or recorded delivery they havery to sign for it . It's track able keep posthe office receipt.  Better still even scan and email this can not be deleted and always traceable 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.