Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Council say didn't get letter
I wrote to council last September to tell them about change of circumstances, which was, my son finished college and is 18 so he is classed as a non dependant. I get the daily living component of PIP so my benefits are not reduced because of a non dependant living with me. A week ago I got a letter from council asking what my sons situation is, I phoned them to tell them I wrote and gave this info last September and they said they didn't get it. I don't owe them any council tax and housing benefit but am worried what will happen. I am disabled and bipolar and suffer from very bad depression. I have posted before about this, but didn't word it well, anyone got any idea what will happen?
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.