CONFUSED ESA — Scope | Disability forum


Hello i have been on ESA for a few years. I had to go for a work capability assessment 3 weeks ago. I have not received any letters from them after assessment. But got a letter for appointment for job centre.The letter just said we looked at the information you gave us as part of work assessment this showed us that you are able to do certain things to prepare for work in the future.Does that mean they are sending me back to work. I dont feel ready im suffering with depression and i am on tablets. I have chronic pain due to fibromalgia and Lupus. I had to change date of appointment and i just recieved a letter changing date but it says help you back to work interview.We will look at your jobseekers agreement im confused.Will they stop my ESA money and put me on job seekers allowance.My health is not good at the moment can they force me to work and stop my money.Thanks 


  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Looks like you maybe have been put in the work related activity group of ESA.
    Was you in the Support group before.

    I would advise you to phone the number on the letter and ask, I don't think it's JSA they've put you on.. 
    let us know how you get on.
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

    You can see the video here.

  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds as if you where in the support group and after your acessment are moving you into the  lower work related group. Which means a lower benefit rate and you will have to attend interviews to help you get back into work. Keep us posted as a mistake may have been made or you will have to prove your inability to resume work.
  • Georgia63
    Georgia63 Member Posts: 26 Connected


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.