Hi, Pip Mobility components. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, Pip Mobility components.

ferri
ferri Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied Pip for my husband , and got pip for daily living with 8 points. But for mobility they award him just 4 point . I request for reconsideration , and got decision was the same and gave the right of appeal , I am still thinking should I go for appeal because I don't want to loose daily living allowance for my husband who is already sick. Just in case if appeal get refused . I just want to appeal for his mobility needs. I will not ask them to look into daily living again. I want to know in this case what will happen next ? Will the allwonce will be the same or they will totally stop his Pip ? So confused , any good advise please. Thanks

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    The tribunal will look at the whole award.  However, if they are thinking of reducing or removing the current award, then almost certainly they will give you an opportunity to withdraw your appeal.  If you then do withdraw your appeal,  your husband will keep his current award.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    When i appealed my mobility award i stated that i was happy with the daily living award and the evidence i sent in was just about mobility 
    When i attended my tribunal i was not asked any questions about daily living and the result was the points were left the same and mobility increased
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The position has moved on. It’s now accepted that both components are up for grabs.
    That sounds reasonable. The Tribunal stands in the shoes of the DWP decision maker and therefore should look at the whole claim from afresh.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.