Appeal - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you everyone 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • debbiedo49
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP know I’m working . It’s a supported work scheme pilot being rolled out between the jcp and a mental health charity. I couldn’t do the work without the support. But trying to argue the case for pip while working seems to be an uphill struggle. I’m wondering now am I doing myself a disservice by working when it makes me appear more able to some people and may stop me getting the benefits I need to live more independently. It’s a catch 22 for me. It’s the way the descriptors are worded that hinder folks with mental health and how they are interpreted in real life. At the end of the day my job is temporary and my mental health is not. But I’m still going to try as I agree it’s about personal independence . 
    I have had a horrible feeling this afternoon after reading your post. In fear of being found out I have always tried to be above honesty when dealing with the DWP. On all of the claim forms/review form, I have laid out in detail all of the voluntary work that I do in the community and the various charities that I chair on a separate sheet and attached it to the form. 
    I am now wondering after what Mike has said have I shot myself in the foot with giving more information than was needed. Maybe, just maybe that is the reason that I have had so many failures in getting PIP. I certainly hope I am wrong in my thinking as it should make no difference to the results.
  • debbiedo49
    Im sooooo nervous aarrgghh!
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    Good luck Debbiedo49 , I am waiting for my appeal  but considering withdrawing it because I did get an award for my daily living . The whole system has changed, personally I don’t think that the assessmen carried out by the “professional “ is adequate. Much preferred to see a Doctor. Hope you win your appeal xx
  • debbiedo49
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • debbiedo49
  • debbiedo49
    I won standard rate mobility yay ! Still let down on m h side in daily living 4 points ugh
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    The DWP fail people for so many reasons, @Yadnad. There's no way to know. :/
  • debbiedo49
    Is it worth asking for a statement of reasons @mikehughescq
  • debbiedo49
    My WRO suggests against it
  • debbiedo49
    My WRO says we should not ask for a statement of reasons I don’t know why 
  • [Deleted User]
  • debbiedo49
    I thought it was how you get to find out why they decided on the award? I dont want to challenge the decision but I think my WRO thinks I do. Ive told him twice I would like to know and he says I would be ill advised to ask for s o r. Is there something else I can ask for like minutes? It doesnt seem right that I cant see what they wrote about me. In the future I may want to refer back to it.
  • [Deleted User]
  • debbiedo49
    Oh for g s ! It’s a straightforward question I’ve asked my WRO twice could I request a SOR and he said I wouldn’t advise it. He mentioned it goes to different people when you do that like Secretary of State and they then have an option to challenge it if they wish to . So that implies an element of risk. Thus far on here I’ve seen people including myself advised to get an SOR and I just wondered why my WRO was set against it. I guess the risk must outweigh the benefits . I thought we were allowed such things as minutes and if that’s a different question to ask then I would like to know what should I ask for if it’s just minutes. They record the meeting. I have memory issues. I like to read back on notes minutes etc. Why is that such a big deal? I’m not going to challenge the decision. 
  • debbiedo49
    Admin could you close this please?
  • debbiedo49
    My apologies everyone if I am taking out my frustrations here. It concerns me that there seems to be risk involved in asking for SOR or ROP. Unfortunately my recent experience of cab and WRO have not been wholly positive ones and I’ve had to push to get them to allow me to go forward with my pip my way. They seem to have issues with whether I should get pip because I work part time. This is reflected in the decision of the tribunal. That doesn’t make it right. There is a long way to go to ask pip right for m h issues in my opinion. 
    I got a bit frustrated here as my WRO shut me down completely on asking for the above and yet on here it’s recommended. So it’s very confusing. Of course I have to take WRO advice. I don’t think it’s right that I’m being shut down on here either. It’s a forum we are all equals. 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.