Pip — Scope | Disability forum


debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
Do you have o attend meetings? I am applying waiting on an appeal date for pip. I have various health issues anxiety, depression plus agoraphobia and panic disorder. It is such a horrific ordeal for me and I have read on here that some people either get a home visit or can send in paperwork instead. I dont think having a home visit would help me either as I am reading that the assessors still make up lies anyway. I will still be dying from anxiety and my home is my safe place so I dont allow people there that stress me out which is the whole world minus 3 people. Slight exaggeration but you get the idea? In plain words can I get the same result by doing it on paper please?


  • susan48
    susan48 Member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @CockneyRebel or @mikehughescq are your men t answer that.

    but Iv read people have more success going to the tribunal in person. I have anxiety and depression also and went to my appeal, I did win but I’m still paying a high price as far as my mental health is concerned.

    Everyone is different but I don’t think I’d put myself through it again.

    also you could get professional help via mental health professional you see, if any or the CAB or the Law centre 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I suspected as much thanks folks. Buckle up buttercup grrr lol. I have a mental health professional helping me and she did go with me to my assessment which helped me or I wouldn’t have gone. I’m trying to detach myself from the process so I can get on with living in the moment. I am hoping she can come with me and I will put her as z witness. I didn’t know about that. I just was hoping the odds were higher for paper hearings. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you close this please?
This discussion has been closed.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.