PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip

debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
Do you have o attend meetings? I am applying waiting on an appeal date for pip. I have various health issues anxiety, depression plus agoraphobia and panic disorder. It is such a horrific ordeal for me and I have read on here that some people either get a home visit or can send in paperwork instead. I dont think having a home visit would help me either as I am reading that the assessors still make up lies anyway. I will still be dying from anxiety and my home is my safe place so I dont allow people there that stress me out which is the whole world minus 3 people. Slight exaggeration but you get the idea? In plain words can I get the same result by doing it on paper please?
💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️

Replies

• susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    @CockneyRebel or @mikehughescq are your men t answer that.

but Iv read people have more success going to the tribunal in person. I have anxiety and depression also and went to my appeal, I did win but I’m still paying a high price as far as my mental health is concerned.

Everyone is different but I don’t think I’d put myself through it again.

also you could get professional help via mental health professional you see, if any or the CAB or the Law centre 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,989 Disability Gamechanger
    The success rate at paper hearings is very low indeed. Some say 10-12%. I’d say closer to 3-5%. At present the overall win rate at PIP appeals is 69% and you achieve that by attending with a representative. You could ask for a domiciliary hearing at your home but these are much reduced since HMCTS got their act together and started sending someone out to do a risk assessment of your home before the hearing. The cost and delay is an additional stress and in such some circumstances HMCTS are more likely to suggest either a paper hearing or a Skype type arrangement. The latter are often even more stressful and there are no stats. on the success rate. 

You are largely kicking at an open door with an oral hearing and I would strongly recommend not having a paper hearing. At an oral hearing you can have a representative there in person and also bring someone to support you either as a witness (able to speak) or observer (unable to speak). You need to specify which is which in advance. An oral hearing is your one chance to get yourself heard by independent panel and nothing will better illustrate your issue than them seeing you in person with support. 
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    I suspected as much thanks folks. Buckle up buttercup grrr lol. I have a mental health professional helping me and she did go with me to my assessment which helped me or I wouldn’t have gone. I’m trying to detach myself from the process so I can get on with living in the moment. I am hoping she can come with me and I will put her as z witness. I didn’t know about that. I just was hoping the odds were higher for paper hearings. 
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you close this please?
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
This discussion has been closed.