Benefits and fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
I am suffering with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and I have recently had to give up work as I was just unable to carry put my duties, i am in receipt ofvpip. Can you tell me what benefits I can apply for, my partner has become my full time carer as I also suffer with vertigo, dizzy spells are horrific, my partner has started the claim for carers allowance but has heard nothing back so far. I have 1 child who is 6 years old, i have child benefit for him.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 528 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 589 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.