Been Booted Off ESA After They told Lies About what Went On . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been Booted Off ESA After They told Lies About what Went On .

kevin52
kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
I Suffer From Anxiety, Depression , Fear Of leaving My house , Some Back pain, Had A Medical In Glasgow 5 Weeks Ago , Scored No Points , Shocked By How Much He Lied About , Fake Little nothing Man Who I Hope Never Ever To See Agin . Asked Them To Look At It Again By Phone And Recorded Letter Too . Seems My Mental Health Is Ok by The Way I Dress ? I had Old Gear On , not Shaved For A Week , I Tend to Drink A Bit too , But I Was Sober At The Medical so Am Ok , no Mental Health Problems what So Ever , Seems I Was Rather Chilled Too , Told Him I Took 12 Valium and 4 Strong Pain Killers Before I Seen Him , But He Forgot to Mention This . Now I Have All This **** With UC Coming Up When I Am Not Fit To Work Cause I Can Become Angry In Public Places ! Also told The Rat I Have Daily Bad Thoughts and Phone Helplines Weekly , He forgot That Too ! I Am Taking They All Way  , I will Not Stop .  

Comments

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    There really not supporting mental health at all again .i was positive the government would start follow the correct procedures .its awful good luck 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi kevin52,

If you have any local organisations that can support you, you might be able to put a good letter together for your MR. Request a copy of the assessor's report if you haven't done so already, and pick out everything that he got wrong or anything that he missed out. If you can try and supply some medical evidence with it as well and identify which ESA descriptors you satisfy that as much as you can do for the moment. Good luck,

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• kevin52
    I Sent A Recorded Letter To DWP On Monday Morning After I Phoned them , Seeing Doctor For A Letter Next Month , They Wished Me Luck ? I Told Them everything He got Wrong In The Letter .
  • lolaboots
    lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    My HP's report was shocking,it's like they want you to act like a caricature of a mentally ill person.I lost points because i wasn't 'rocking back and forth',i didn't have 'excessive sweating',i was 'well kempt' and 'sat still'.
    I admitted to self harming by cutting myself but the HP could not see 'any visible evidence of scarring on either arm' which is bloody amazing considering i was wearing (as i always do)a long sleeved top during the assessment,classic.
  • kevin52
    There Shocking ! Said I Was Dressed Smart and Looked Well ? Mental Health Is Inside Your head FFS ! Its Not A Cap on your Head !  I Dident Have A Shave For A Week ! There A Bunch Of Rats Who Should Not Be Doing That Job , There Not Doctors . So Many Facts He FORGOT To Mention ! Wonder Why . hope You Get The Better Of Them Lola :)
  • lolaboots
    lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    kevin52 said: hope You Get The Better Of Them Lola :)

I will if i can @kevin52 ;)

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Yup, they cured my mental illnesses and my chronic pain! Miraculous!
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I too have been miraculously cured of physical & mental problems some of which I had since I was born.  I went for a medical which lasted 20 minutes with a nurse who could only tick the first box in each section & wrote rubbish so the DWP decided I did not need PIP (or DLA).  The second time it was done remotely.  I was supposed to go for a medical assessment for ESA (I was in the support group).  I had gastroenteritis & had been advised by both NHS 111 & my GP Surgery over the phone to isolate myself for 48 hours after my last bout of sickness which was actually on the morning of the assessment.  However the DWP decided there was a pattern of evasion as I changed two appointments because the time was unsuitable & a couple of times because I was ill with my normal! issues.  I lost my ESA & now having to claim JSA.  However I have managed to get a Fit note for a month at present saying I am unable to work.  I am in the process of going through the Tribunal procedure to get the benefits back.  My MP & local Welfare Rights people are involved.  Everyone thinks I should be on ESA apart from the DWP.  Even my Work Coach? at the Jobcentre seemed relieved & more helpful when I gave her the Fit Note.
  • kevin52
    Mental Health Is not Like A Badge On Your Jacket , most Seem To Think If your Not dirty Or going Off your Head You Have No Problems ! That s How Out Of touch They All Are ! I To Am Handing A Fit Note In , Doctor told Me Just Phone up And Get It , I Get A On Off Daily thing With Back Problems Too , But That Wasent My Main Problem As DWP where Told In There Letter And Also On The Day Of The Medical , The Person Who did It Has NOTHING to Do With Mental Health !!!! so how Can He judge Me On My Mental Health ? Win Win Win !
    What Does A Physiotherapist Know About Mental Health !!!!!!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi kevin52

So sorry to hear about this. These assessments are really not fit for purpose. As you say, mental health isn't a badge you wear, it's inside your head. Remarks about being "well-kempt" etc etc are regularly written in some healthcare professionals' reports, and are meaningless. 

I'm glad to hear that you are getting further medical evidence, which may help your case. I will help most if it specifically addresses the reasons why you wouldn't be able to work - for example, would looking for work involve a substantial risk of  worsening your health? (if so, why? If the GP can be specific, that can help).

As Lee from the Benefits Training Company suggests, is there an advice agency you would trust, locally,  who could help with an appeal if the mandatory reconsideration doesn't succeed?

Gill_Scope

• Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi @kevin52 so sorry to hear about your experience. Sadly you’re not alone. I too had the assessor write that I was well kempt, overweight (thanks for that!) no swelling in my legs (she didn’t even look) no excessive sweating (I was dripping!) upset when I talked about my pain but recovered quickly (utter garbage, I got extremely upset when talking about how I don’t go out on my own and meet people and spent the rest of the assessment in tears). Admittedly this was for PIP but it seems to be endemic across the board. I so hope you get back what you’re entitled to. 
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I to have been there.  I lost DLA/PIP because of the Assessors lies.  I am now having to claim JSA because a changed a couple of appointments & cancelled a couple because of illness which the DWP knew about but my ESA claim was disallowed because the Decision Maker decided there was a pattern of evasion.  I have 2 cases with the Tribunal Service & have lodged a Fit Note with the Jobcentre to say I am unfit for work.
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @Annabelle26, I really feel for you, it’s just a joke, you try and do the right thing but get thwarted at every turn. What gets me is the obscene amount of money being paid out by the dwp for the flawed assessments and subsequent MR’s and appeals. They could save a fortune, I understand they need to try and weed out those who aren’t genuine, but if they stopped the wasted time and effort in producing rubbish reports and then reinstating the benefit people are intitled to in the first place, not forgetting the ridiculous figures paid to Atos and Capita, they’d save millions.  
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Hi @kevin52 so sorry to hear about your experience. Sadly you’re not alone. I too had the assessor write that I was well kempt, overweight (thanks for that!) no swelling in my legs (she didn’t even look) no excessive sweating (I was dripping!) upset when I talked about my pain but recovered quickly (utter garbage, I got extremely upset when talking about how I don’t go out on my own and meet people and spent the rest of the assessment in tears). Admittedly this was for PIP but it seems to be endemic across the board. I so hope you get back what you’re entitled to. 
    Oooo sounds like we had the same assessor, yes the overweight bit got me, I’m a 12 top, 10 bottom, like to see underweight, have suffered with anorexia and bulimia too, so not a good thing to say. My best one was when he said ‘I had a twinge’ twinges make you shout out do they. 
    Had a chat with CAB this morning, he is three pages in re my complaint re all this!!! More to come as it was all lies and omissions ?
  • Waylay
    Yup. My assessor was a paramedic. He described my 32-year refractory clinical depression as "low mood". ?
  • Tigermoth42
    Goodness me @shlbly that’s not even close to overweight, what a appalling thing to say, especially given your history. I’d give my eye teeth to be a 10/12. I would have thought a ‘twinge’ was something that might make you say “oo” not, as you say, make you shout out. @Waylay, how on earth do they get away with it? It’s quite criminal the dismissive way that mental health is dealt with. My assessor made barely a mention of my clinical depression and crippling social anxiety, in spite of noting the medication I take to try and help. They obviously haven’t got a clue! 
  • Waylay

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.