Am I getting fobbed off? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I getting fobbed off?

Oshota
Oshota Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so sorry for any spelling mistakes and rambling .
I recently went to a esa face to face, this didn't go well and they turned me down, ( I have been on esa a few years now ), I applied for a mandatory reconsideration, but as before they didn't change their minds, so I've applied for a tribunal, which has come back for next month.
During the time after esa was refused I got put on to jsa, I was told as soon as I get my letter for the tribunal to inform esa I would like to go back on esa at the reduced rate until the results of the tribunal are known. So, jsa was stopped and I spoke to esa, they sent me mail stating what I would get and how often, they said if they needed anything they would inform me. This letter is dated 30th May, today (22nd June), I rang dwp as I haven't received anything and to ask what the problem was, they told me I had to get a Drs certificates and send it too them, I said there is no mention of this in the letter, or I would have done that ages ago. They also s o said I will have to get it backdated to the 30th May. 
I am so upset and frustrated, I can't get a Drs appointment till mid next week.
Can I complain about this? If so who to? The person on the phone said Secretary of state ! 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, they're not fobbing you off. You were found fit for work, so your ESA stopped. As you're back on assessment rate for ESA then fit notes are needed if you wish to continue claiming and receiving money. It will also need to be backdated to the date they asked. As for the complaint then there's nothing to complain about because DWP are absolutely correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Oshota
    Oshota Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the reply, but my point was I hadn't been told either in person or in the letter that I needed fit notes.so how was I supposed to know? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You're claiming assessment rate when claiming this fit notes are needed. The reason is because you were found fit for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It all sounds unfair if only DWP would be more clear in the Infomation they want us to send them we would comply with out fail. I had the same trouble going into support group, I wasn't told no fit notes needed until I dropped one in at job Center plus and I had letter from DWP informing me I was being put in support group. No mention about no fit notes needed anymore.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.