appeal winners - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appeal winners

Options
2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I quite agree with you on alcohol, self inflicted A&E problems, and the daft ambulance call outs. My wife watches those probgrammes as well, and I recall one woman called and ambulance because she had a lot of shopping and her feet hurt. She was irate when they said they could only check her feet and/or take her to hospital, not drop her and her shopping off at home.
    The drain on the emergency services is bad enough as it is, without idiots who should know better!

This, in my opinion is derived from the notion that people now have in that whatever they want they must have - it's their entitlement!

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Yadnad you can’t tar everyone with the same brush. That’s why we are in this mess with benefits because the few spoil it for the many. There are probably more genuine people out there who deserve help and should get help but are far from feeling entitled. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Yadnad you can’t tar everyone with the same brush. That’s why we are in this mess with benefits because the few spoil it for the many. There are probably more genuine people out there who deserve help and should get help but are far from feeling entitled

My post was directed at the way people connect with the NHS and the ambulance service. The TV programme about ambulances is an eye opener. 

I also agree with you that there are many people that are entitled to benefit advice and welfare payments that just don't get anything.
    As an example & I have quoted this elsewhere in another thread - the DWP has published figures that indicate that up to £2.8bn a year in pension credit is not being taken up, while the total amount of benefits available to pensioners -  pension credit, housing, council tax and disability benefits is £5.5bn a year which is going unclaimed.  
    No one including the DWP are particularly interested in making sure that the old get what they are entitled to - so what hope do the rest of society expect?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.