chronic pancreatitis and Creon. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

chronic pancreatitis and Creon.

Options
Merry
Merry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have chronic pancreatitis and was recently diagnosed with malnutrition as my body has stopped making the enzymes needed to break down and absorb the nutrients I need. I've been prescribed Creon, an enzyme replacement therapy, but as I've not come across this before I was wondering if there's anyone here who's also on it?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Merry

Welcome to our site/online community.

It’s great to meet you today.

I do hope that one of our friendly members can help you with this???

But I would be more than happy in helping you look into things on the internet if that would be helpful???

• Merry
    Merry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Steve, nice to be here. Also thanks for the offer of internet help but I'm internet friendly thank goodness. :)
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Merry, and a warm welcome to the community! 

This isn't something I have experience with myself, but hopefully some of our community members will be able to share their experiences with you.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Merry, how are you doing?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    Options
    Merry said:
    I have chronic pancreatitis and was recently diagnosed with malnutrition as my body has stopped making the enzymes needed to break down and absorb the nutrients I need. I've been prescribed Creon, an enzyme replacement therapy, but as I've not come across this before I was wondering if there's anyone here who's also on it?
    Hi Merry, I take creon as I have Cystic Fibrosis and that affects my pancreas in a very similar way to yours. Xx

Brightness