PIP MR HELP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR HELP

Comments

• heyyouitsme
    heyyouitsme Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Girlhappy said:
    Why not go to your local job centre with your paperwork, as they usually have a disability advisor there. they should be able to advice you and they might even send the paperwork for you. it's worth a try.

Money matters are doing it for me as I can’t hold a pen to write tbh I don’t even understand the questions i forget a lot of things x
  • heyyouitsme
    thats it now sent away. Fingers crossed ?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    In answer to your question. No I didn’t send anymore medical info in.
    all I sent was a letter from my GP confirming my diagnosis and saying that it does affect my daily living.
    that is all.
    i sent this letter with my application , then sent another copy with the MR just in case they had lost the first.
    i haven’t got anymore medical info. My doctor just wrote that if they wanted anymore info to contact him.
    That's the problem, a lot of GPs think that they will be contacted for evidence. This is very often not the case and they are very rarely contacted. The onus is always on you to make sure the evidence is sent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    In answer to your question. No I didn’t send anymore medical info in.
    all I sent was a letter from my GP confirming my diagnosis and saying that it does affect my daily living.
    that is all.
    i sent this letter with my application , then sent another copy with the MR just in case they had lost the first.
    i haven’t got anymore medical info. My doctor just wrote that if they wanted anymore info to contact him.
    That's the problem, a lot of GPs think that they will be contacted for evidence. This is very often not the case and they are very rarely contacted. The onus is always on you to make sure the evidence is sent.
    You can only send in what you have to send in. If a GP is of that opinion then you would have to try to convince him or her otherwise. Rather difficult I would think.
    Much a similar situation I had with ESA years ago. The DWP, bless them, actually wrote to one of my consultant surgeons for a report. Unfortunately the consultant wrote back to the DWP enclosing the uncompleted form telling them that his job is saving life and as such he had no time to allocate to fill out the form - he actually suggested that they contact me as no doubt I have given them a full and frank account of my issues. 
  • heyyouitsme
    My gp gave me a summery but won’t write me a letter as they said if they done it for me they would do it for everyone. My summery has my diagnoses on but I don’t believe it was even looked at. I’ll update you all when I hear from them. Thank you everyone appreciate all your help x
  • poppy123456
    My gp gave me a summery but won’t write me a letter as they said if they done it for me they would do it for everyone. My summery has my diagnoses on but I don’t believe it was even looked at. I’ll update you all when I hear from them. Thank you everyone appreciate all your help x
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • heyyouitsme
    My gp wouldn’t know how it affects me daily as they don’t see that for themselves.
  • poppy123456
    My gp wouldn’t know how it affects me daily as they don’t see that for themselves.
    Which is why other evidence will help.
  • heyyouitsme
    Yeah I’ve sent in 30 new bits from woman’s aid a court stating due to medical reasons i can’t travel ect 2 physiatrists my physiologist ect I never had these at the time as I thought they would contact them xx
  • heyyouitsme
    They haven’t taken into account my mental health so that’s what thI evidence is for. I’ve had face to face advice but they said I could loose it but I could win it there not allowed to say as truth is no on know 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    They seem too be ignoring mental health with everyone!.my points got deducted last time .as many others u dident appeal it .this time I will fight it !.as it's not right .goid luck 
  • heyyouitsme
    They haven’t taken into account my mental health so that’s what thI evidence is for. I’ve had face to face advice but they said I could loose it but I could win it there not allowed to say as truth is no on know 
    No doubt that’s true but how do you expect them to weigh 30 separate pieces of evidence? It’s unrealistic and potentially hugely detrimental to the success of your claim. More does not automatically equal better and I would review each document and ask yourself specifically what it adds that each other one doesn’t. Does it make the case for specific points? Is that case already supported by other evidence? Does it support things which aren’t in dispute such as a diagnosis. You cannot get an award by overwhelming a decision maker. You need to focus on what each document achieves. 

To put that in perspective for you I haven’t represented anyone in 30 years who has ever needed to put in more than 10 additional pieces of evidence and I’d guess the average is between 1 and 5. 
    Well... it contirdicts everything the assessor said about communicating with others, not being able to travel on my own ect so I think it’s very important information as unless it’s for Drs or hospital apps I don’t l leave my house. Not only due to mental health but my physical. I’ve got it for my physical side but not for my mental health as I didn’t think I needed that but as they only went off the assessor and a rheumatology letter and they said there was no evidence for mental heath that’s how they gave me standard and standard I was one point off enhanced so I was told it was worth fighting for that extra point x
  • heyyouitsme
    They seem too be ignoring mental health with everyone!.my points got deducted last time .as many others u dident appeal it .this time I will fight it !.as it's not right .goid luck 
    Yes fight for it. I’m in pain every day and it effects my daily living but not as bad as my mental health is fighting with your own mind just to make it to the next day is hard enough. I hope you get what points your looking for. Thank you for the good luck I’ll update you once I hear back x
  • heyyouitsme
    No doubt that’s true but how do you expect them to weigh 30 separate pieces of evidence? It’s unrealistic and potentially hugely detrimental to the success of your claim. More does not automatically equal better and I would review each document and ask yourself specifically what it adds that each other one doesn’t. Does it make the case for specific points? Is that case already supported by other evidence? Does it support things which aren’t in dispute such as a diagnosis. You cannot get an award by overwhelming a decision maker. You need to focus on what each document achieves. 

To put that in perspective for you I haven’t represented anyone in 30 years who has ever needed to put in more than 10 additional pieces of evidence and I’d guess the average is between 1 and 5. 
    Well... it contirdicts everything the assessor said about communicating with others, not being able to travel on my own ect so I think it’s very important information as unless it’s for Drs or hospital apps I don’t l leave my house. Not only due to mental health but my physical. I’ve got it for my physical side but not for my mental health as I didn’t think I needed that but as they only went off the assessor and a rheumatology letter and they said there was no evidence for mental heath that’s how they gave me standard and standard I was one point off enhanced so I was told it was worth fighting for that extra point x
    So you’re saying it’s 30 pieces of evidence to make 2 points?

I’ve nothing to add.
    No I never said that at all. Look I’m not being rude or that but I have complex PTSD I understand what your trying to get at but mentally your not helping me. I’m not going to the ins and outs of my problems but I have different things wrong with me that I now have all the evidence for which I didn’t before. It’s not only the 1 point I’m looking for but a fair award from what I should of originally been awarded the first time as a lot wasn’t awarded correctly. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Btw, @heyyouitsme just so you know: for PIP it doesn't matter whether you're employed or not.
  • heyyouitsme
    Waylay said:
    Btw, @heyyouitsme just so you know: for PIP it doesn't matter whether you're employed or not.
    I never knew that but it’s always good to know. Wish I could work but I can’t even do things for myself  like cut up food ect unfortunately that falls onto my daughter. X
  • heyyouitsme
    My final post on this topic is to say that I think you urgently need face to face advice and representation. You should not be doing this by yourself. Going for the one point is fine in itself but my concerns about the evidence remain and you need your evidence to be reviewed by a professional who can weigh up each document and its real worth. Have seen too many people put in evidence they think says one thing when it says something else and too many people antagonise a tribunal by expecting them to wade through stuff wholly unnecessarily. If you’re going to appeal then the volume of evidence will definitely have an impact at that point. 
    And if you had read what I have previous written and stated 3 times now I have seen someone at money matters and filled in the form for me as I can’t hold a pen as my fingers pop out of joint. Again I also stated that she thought it was worth while going for that extra point. I’ll point out she was happy with the evidence I handed to her that she sent away. Tbh I’m glad I haven’t had someone like yourself help me because clearly you don’t understand my needs or how I am you have reduced me to tears I’ve now shut myself away for the night so hopefully that was your last post like you say!
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Just in case your arguments are about not being able to work, @heyyouitsme

I agree with @Username_removed. You need help with this! Ask CAB, Welfare Rights, etc. There are also various local and online groups which might help.
  • heyyouitsme
    Waylay said:
    Just in case your arguments are about not being able to work, @heyyouitsme

I agree with @Username_removed. You need help with this! Ask CAB, Welfare Rights, etc. There are also various local and online groups which might help.
    Again 4th time I have had help from money matters and they filled my form in. So what is it I have done wrong now? 
  • heyyouitsme
    Yes she told me if it goes to a tribunal then they will represent me not them directly but someone associated with them. Well I was doing research and came across this website and thought it was helpful so put my story forward but now feel like I’m not entitled to do so. So I won’t be commenting again. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.