Hi, my name is Suesy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Suesy!

Suesy
Suesy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a very long term insulin diabetic who has and does suffer with chronic pain 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Hi @suesy, welcome to the community!

Please feel free to have a look at our different groups and discussions. You might find our dealing with chronic pain group useful :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suesy

Good mourning & Welcome.

It’s great to meet today.

I  have  had “Chronic Pain” since 2005.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with 
  • Suesy
    Suesy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi steve, it's nice to meet you. I have had chronic pain in my hips and lower to mid back for quite a few years. I have been prescribed pain killers, nerve reduction treatment, injections in the hips, injections in my mid to lower back to no avail. I have compressed discs 4 & 5,  Diabetic neuropathy and arthritis in my back. Standing, bending walking and doing household chores cause mid to high pain reactions. I am on pregabalin 200mgs daily this has just gone up to 200mgs two days ago. Is anyone else on this and has it helped? 

• ClaireSaul
    ClaireSaul Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi @Suesy
    A rather belated welcome!  My chronic pain story also involves back problems and multiple surgeries, alongside a genetic connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Disease.  I have taken pregabalin for many years now - specifically for nerve pain - and I think it does help me.  But....I have been taking the max dose of 600mg a day for about 9 years, so I'm no longer completely sure how much of a tolerance I have built up!
    Do have a look around some of the other posts and chats - it is a very supportive forum!

Best wishes,
    Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    helpline@scope.org.uk
    scope.org.uk

Brightness