Change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum

Change in circumstances

greenranger Member Posts: 8 Listener

Would this be a change in circumstances that needs reporting?

Awarded enhaced mobility, as unable to walk more than 20 meters 6 days of the week.

But some improvement due to how i manage it it is now only 4 days of the week i can only walk upto 20 meters relibly.

Or do I not need to as am still above 50% and therefore compliant



  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    You are still compliant.  And changes need to have existed for three months and be expected to last for a further nine months to be reported.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    You are doing fine no need to report your slight or minor temporary improvements in your mobility, if you do you will most likely have to fill in new claim form and have a F2F and most likely have your award redused to low rate mobility. And if you are claiming for a mobility car or scooter this will stop, your  PIP benefit will reduce from £58 a week to £22 a week  not worth it unless you are walking 100-200 meters unaided easily pain free and not getting breathless ect
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    This is something to be a little careful about. For some reason there are people who delight in reporting others, accusing them of benefit fraud and done anonymously. If it is reported and you only go out when you are improved and they decide to check up on you then they might take your benefit away and you would have to justify why you could do what you did with medical evidence to back it up.Realistically you should only report significant and permanent change and not necessarily improvements due to better management of your condition unless it works every day and exceeds the stated limits in the benefit description.

    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.