How yo claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How yo claim

kangel22
kangel22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi does anyone know how to get ESA? As i have been told to go on to ESA? 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Kangel22
    If you telephone your local jobcentre they will take you through this step by step on the telephone.You can get help from CAB to fill out any forms.
    You may not be able to claim esa in your area as it may be a full Universal Credit area if you are unsure about this they will be able to tell you at the jobcentre.
    Good luck.
    Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Putting your postcode into this link will tell you if your area is a full universal credit area, if it is you have to claim this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done poppy123456 mind of information so glad you are keeping those who need help, pointing them in the right direction. Many thanks from all of us.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi kangel22,

If you have been working in the last two tax years you may be entitled to ESA contribution based, which you can get whether you live in a full service UC area or not. It's only means tested benefits that UC has replaced, but if you can claim ESA C you'd need to apply for UC for the possible top up and any housing costs that may apply if you live in a full service area. If not then it's ESA C and/or ESA IR. If you need to apply for Council Tax Reduction this is done separately at your local council.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.