Help with Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Tribunal

Options
affii1993
affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
hey I was awarded pip since 2013 due to health long story of health issues, anyways I had a review in January it was awful and disgusting nurse that came and wrote so many lies I had a panics attack, now it’s been 14 weeks since I put through a appeal to Tribunal but what evidence do I need to get or collect to gather to support my pip, I also see my cpn regularly and doctors r aware of my condition so what can I do to get more evidence also my sister helps out once a week shall I ask her to write a letter too and my husband is my main care for me and my kids who r under 2,5 and also the school knows my condition shall ask for letter from them too am worried they might let me down!! Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Medical evidence stating how your conditions affect you is the best. Ask your CPN if they can write a supporting letter and your GP. Ask your GP if there's anything in your medical records that you can use, from past appointments with Consultants etc. You can ask your husband to write you a supporting letter, this may or may not help. The letter should state how your condition affects you and how much help you need. Taking a look at the PIP descriptors before writing the letter will help. Any evidence you sent to DWP to support your claim will have already been sent to the Tribunal.

Make sure the evidence arrives with the Tribunal no later than 10 days before the hearing. This should give you plenty of time to start to gather some, as Tribunal waiting lists are huge and some are waiting 1 year for their hearing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.