Nurse was in my opinion discriminatory and lied on my PIP assessment report. I don't know what to do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nurse was in my opinion discriminatory and lied on my PIP assessment report. I don't know what to do

crocodillie
crocodillie Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi I've been reading this forum for a while but never posted. Until now. 
I received my PIP assessment report today and I am absolutely furious by what I read!
The nurse lied on the majority of it, it was a home visit and I had a witness here the whole time. I was vomiting into a bucket as she spoke to me but apparently, I didn't appear sick. Also notes in her observations that I was of "slightly larger build" which she referred to several times to justify why I couldn't possibly suffer from severe vomiting and and why I clearly had no problem taking nutrition. 
I am absolutely disgusted by this. I suffer from gastropereisis and severe IBS, and I am of reduced mobility, using a wheelchair. I don't see how me being a size 14 should come into play, ya know? 
I haven't received my benefit decision yet but is there anything I can do that will actually work to get this discrimination dealt with? It's really upset me. I have a complex mental health history and have suffered from eating disorders before and yeah... I just don't even know. I wish this was the only thing she lied on or that was wrong with the report but it was literally all lies. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi crocodillie, 

On the assessment report the assessor would have put a tick in a box for each activity, if you get a copy of the PIP descriptors you might be able to find out the decision before you get your letter as the decision maker rarely strays from what the assessor recommends.
    If the decision does go against you you'll need to challenge it in the usual way with a mandatory reconsideration request and an appeal. You should also consider making a complaint to Capita about the assessor if she lied about some of the things that were said, these assessors shouldn't be able to get away with things like that. 

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• crocodillie
    Thanks Lee, really appreciate your reply. It was the dreaded ATOS. Not sure who's worse for it, them or capita, lol. 
    I've channelled my rage and upset and I've been typing a complaint and a mandatory reconsideration all night. It came with descriptors, she awarded me enough points to qualify for standard but my health needs are more enhanced so I'll be appealing. And definitely complaining.
    She stated several times in the report that I passed her some medication, I didn't! My carer actually passed her it and she didn't even mention he was there. She stated I was well and looked well but I was on bed rest with a kidney infection.  I hardly looked well. Just a few things she lied about. 
    It's really shameful they get to treat us like this. It's barbaric. Thank you for your advice, I really do appreciate it. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear about your acessment misfortunes, in an acessment Center the acessor records your descriptors using a cumputer do they have a laptop for home visits as well? Or does the acessor take, make notes to put onto the system later? It sound as of your acessor was rude and needs to be reprimanded for the false information recorded. A complaint should be lodged with the company, DWP and a letter or email to your MP will all help to bring the bad situation of poorly wrongly recorded information at acessments to the public domain for all to see how you, me us the disabled are being humiliated and treated at these mostly unnecessary acessments.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    OMG poor you .how rude !.you must be very peeed off.what the he'll is wrong with these assesses lying it's just not on .please complain .I'm sure I'll be in same boat tomoz !!.complain and don't give up .this is all we can do all of us !.
  • littleruthie123
    Ive just realised reading your post about nutrition ;pretty sure I said no but if I'm honest don't really understand the question?
  • littleruthie123
    My social worker put I'm at risk of malnutrition is this the same thing?.can u change your answer anyone plz???
  • crocodillie
    wilko said:
    Sorry to hear about your acessment misfortunes, in an acessment Center the acessor records your descriptors using a cumputer do they have a laptop for home visits as well? Or does the acessor take, make notes to put onto the system later? It sound as of your acessor was rude and needs to be reprimanded for the false information recorded. A complaint should be lodged with the company, DWP and a letter or email to your MP will all help to bring the bad situation of poorly wrongly recorded information at acessments to the public domain for all to see how you, me us the disabled are being humiliated and treated at these mostly unnecessary acessments.
    Hi Wilko, thanks for your reply. Yea at home visits they use a laptop. Thanks, I'll try with my MP. :) 
  • crocodillie
    Littleruthie, there's a descriptor on the PIP assessment that just says "taking nutrition". I think it means do you struggle to eat and keep food down. Because I suffer from gastropereisis, my stomach doesn't empty and I vomit a lot So I too get malnourished. Get your social worker to put it all in a letter and you should be ok with that one.
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you I don't think I do fall intoo this category .gers confusing 
  • littleruthie123
    You defo should of got that! !x
  • littleruthie123
    Social workers put it in my care plan letter 
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi At my PIP assessment I had an upset stomach with nerves and couldn't stop belching. She  asked if I was going to be sick, I said I don't think so, she said would you like a glass of water. I said yes please so she got someone to bring again glass of water and a cardboard sick bowl. and yet on my report she put I had no signs is anxiety.  I had my bottle of Gaviscon with me so I drank some to settle my stomach and on my report she put "can take a top of a child proof bottle" Gaviscon does not have a child proof cap. Just a pack of nonsense she made up. Incidentally I also walk with a steady gait!!! I was awarded no points. Yet at my Tribunal I was awarded 6 for care and 12 for mobility. This was only awarded until August 2018 so I am at the moment filling in yet another PIP form. Wonder what lies they will come up with this time. They really should be brought to task when they deliberately lie. 
  • littleruthie123
    OMG rosie how horrible. No excuse  for there lies ...you must be livid.and ur so right somethings got too give !!.good luck on ur new claim and pray u get an honest asseser 
  • crocodillie
    @Rosie2017 I had such a similar ordeal. I held a cup of water and took a sip and didn't throw it back up there and then so apparently I'm fine  :D. If it wasn't our survival these people were messing with, then it would be hilarious that people this incompetent are allowed to keep their jobs. 
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi apollo11cdr I would like to do as you suggest however at the moment I haven't got the strength to go through the whole procedure. Ironically because I am still trying to fill in my new PIP form. Incidentally the Assessor who interviewed me was a Practice Nurse. I only got to know this when I received my appeal papers. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.