Any tips or techniques for getting through a DWP medical next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any tips or techniques for getting through a DWP medical next week

Options
Lynette1066
Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I have to attend a medical next week. Have you any tips on how to act in assessment centre and how to get through it without crying. I am going to take my teddy bear to hold as this is a nice item. I have mental health condition.

Comments

• FedUpWithPain
    FedUpWithPain Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    just be honest and be yourself, try being anything else and they will spot it, and its ok to be scared its your future thats up for grabs - good luck
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    As many @Lynette1066 have given you some sound advice in your thread you've already posted yesturday here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/45945/maximus-medical-friday-13th please keep as calm as you can be. One other tip to add which I missed advising you is to take someone with you for support. And your teddy too.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Lynette1066
    Options
    Thank you for this. So new to this sort of thing. But I am going alone to medical. But with teddy. If I take my son with me I will be concerned about upsetting him, and will not be able to answer.  So in this regard, I am happier to go alone to medical. Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We wish you the very best of luck with your medical assessment @Lynette1066
    and understand it is a scary and unfamiliar experience.
    Scope

• Lynette1066
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Its is an ESA assessment. I will take copies of form. I have already marked I cant do due to mental health, but will add notes of your advice. Due to the supportive letter from GP. I will send this to DWP decision maker. Making sure that they have this important letter along with the medical report.

Brightness