DLA to PIP transfer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP transfer

SethLaa
SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
Hello all, am currently living in the SL1 (Slough) postcode area, does anyone know when I will be requested by the DWP to transfer from DLA to PIP as I thought that it should have happened by now, thanks for any assistance from SethLaa

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest I would suggest that you are more likely to get an answer by seeing your local medium. The DWP haven't got a clue.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Enjoy your DLA benefits as when you are transferred to PIP you may not get the same award as the Benifits are totally different in how they award points for your abilities as in PIP and your disability in DLA.  Wait to be asked don't enquire .
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes thats so true wait for DWP to contact you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    Most welfare organisations advise that all DLA reciepients will be invited to claim PIP by October 2018 with all reassessments to be completed by mid 2019, in my area the letters are coming out thick and fast now. But whether it’ll be completed on the timescale though, remains to be seen. 

I have my invite a few weeks ago, now nervously waiting for either assessment or PBD! Xx
  • SethLaa
    Yadnad said:
    To be honest I would suggest that you are more likely to get an answer by seeing your local medium. The DWP haven't got a clue.
    Yes that did make me laugh, cheers Yadnad
  • SethLaa
    I is hoping for ''sooner rather than later'' as my 'MR DLA care' needs to rise so that I can still afford to pay my cleaner, thanks for all your input you luvverly luvverly people
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Your area was due to start in... July 2015. There has been no official update on the timetable since August 2017 but DWP have stated that they do not expecti finish invites until April 2019. Best guess is they will sail comfortably past that. 
    Image result for fortune teller

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.