Anyone else finds it disgusting that this govt are actively waging a war against the disabled? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else finds it disgusting that this govt are actively waging a war against the disabled?

2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Headway is a national charity isn't it? They are really supportive..
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Tis but not had any. As yet
  • pjp
    Just called DWP re PIP as still not received my refusal letter. I also asked if we could skip mandatory reconsideration stage and go straight to tribunal.
    Why does this part of the joke take soo many weeks when the dwp have made the decision to not change from the decision from when you very first applied for PIP??????
  • pjp
    I wont be sending any support letters as they go straight into dwp bin. They must have the biggest sized bin in the UK. Completely resigned to going through the appeal tribunal. Trying to take them to court of human rights and the ombudsman mentioned earlier. 
  • pjp
    To anyone going through the same ****. Please bear with the disgusting and sick process. Justice will be given at the tribunal. No matter how hard life is now it will get better from the tribunal stage. Always look to the hope. 
  • pjp
    Data released by the government in 2012 showed that 10,600 people in the UK died between January and November 2011 once their benefits had been stopped. However, the up-to-date statistics have yet to be made public.
    Thats 964 ppl a month. The govt will not release the latest stats as i believe it could be now much much higher now. 
    I can see a microcosm of a similarity to a part of the worlds more sinister history and the persecution that was pure evil. 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I bet alot of that was also triggered through homelessness .barbaric system!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • pjp
    Hi, I just started the petition on goverme ts war on the disabled and wanted to ask if you could add your names too. This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/government-descrimination-of-the-disabled Thank you!

Please do share!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.