Advice on mobility and housing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on mobility and housing

Clarkie123
Clarkie123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hiya, new to this been diagnosed with many ailments main being tumor in bile duct, cirrhosis liver, problem is Nov 17,awarded with pip esa, standard daily, only 4points mobility was stated had brain fogging due to toxins, have since been diagnosed with the bile duct tumor, symptoms brain fogging, point can I apply for mobility will this affect any award already given. Also quick ask in 1bed first floor riverside flat cannot get out through stairs how do I go about applying for move everything is done online, it has taken me an hour to type this as constantly forgetting what I need to say please help genuine problem???

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Clarke123, and welcome to the scope community, regarding your mobility as you only got 4points at your last acessment I doubt if you would get standard let alone enhanced but if you mobility has got worst it will be worth reapplying. Your housing, requesting a Change or move to a ground floor flat contact your local housing association if they are your landlord or local council. A vist from home acessment officer to decuss your needs and abilities could and should help to falcitae a move when a suitable flat is available in the area you wish to live. This all takes time so sooner the better.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clarkie123, and a warm welcome to the community! 

I wonder if there is any input @Username_removed could offer here regarding your benefits situation? 

If you're looking to move and struggling with online forms, it might also be worth talking to Citizens Advice and seeing if they can assist- you can find your local CAB on their website. In the meantime, please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can!
  • Clarkie123
    I am also diagnosed cirrhosis, nafld, osteoarthritis, and a degenerated spine condition main problem due to not being active can't bend sufferer, brain fogging which leaves me unable to travel have been suffering depression and very high blood pressure, do you think I will jepodise my pip. 
  • Clarkie123
    4points as cannot walk more than 30steps without blood pressure rising breathless, since assment I have been diagnosed with tumour, portal hypertension all giving me confusion, brain fogging, I don't know why I got 4points, all I know is I don't go out, go shops go nowhere, I can't I get lost panics genuinely  maybe I should go citizens advice see what they say I have told pip of changes, so I will seek there advice thank you
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck with that @Clarkie123 and please do keep us updated!
    Scope

• Clarkie123
    Will do thanks not very good explaining, I'll go cab, I'll let you know how I go on??
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Your paper work sjould tell you why you have 4 points.
    Hsve a resd through.
    Good luck

Brightness