Reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment

Options
shedley08
shedley08 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to have a 2nd assessment after an appeal. I appealed after my initial claim was turned down. I couldn't believe what the assessor had written, she was very articulate about my appearance but wrote hardly anything about how my disability affects my day to day living. My doctor wrote me a medical  report after my claim was dismissed, which I sent in with my appeal letter.. I was under the impression that they gave you a decision on the appeal and if this was dismissed the next stage would be a tribunal. I have been asked to go for another assessment is this normal procedure 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @shedley08, I expect because of what the acessor wrote or didn't write in your acessment contradicted what your doctor wrote in his letter reference to you disability and the impact it has on your daily living. So when your case went for appeal the acessors report had no mention resembling what your doctor wrote hence the reacessment. Let's hope your next acessment will bring the truth to light and you get the right award, good luck and keep posting.
  • shedley08
    shedley08 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Wilko

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.