Can't get money back week 7! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can't get money back week 7!

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi all ive had an on going problem with an income related was being wrongly taken from my esa .ive been ringing them on and off already complained and at the end of my tether now .theve been taking maintenance amounts for support for my son .which actually stopped in may 2016 .It's 10 pound a fortunate so they owe me. Who can I get too help please .Can't bear too speak too them again !.ive sent the proof few weeks ago .

Comments

• littleruthie123
    Welfare rights can't help apparently 
  • littleruthie123
    Scope adviser please?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi littleruthie123

This is interesting as child maintenance shouldn't be deducted anyway.

If you get no response from the ESA department, I would suggest just phoning them one more time to check that they have received your letter. (If they've lost it, for example, or say they haven't received it, then they won't process it). Make a note, as always, to whom you speak and when, date and time, and what was said, in case you need it later.  

Once you've checked this and waited as long as their estimate of the length of time it will take then to issue arrears, you could ask your MP to follow it up for you. 

This is an administrative matter, rather than a legal one, so a case worker in the voluntary sector would often not get involved, saying that you need to follow the complaint procedure.

To follow this, you have to write to the DWP (!) and if they don't respond appropriately and within their stated timescale for responding, then  to the Independent Case Examiner to pursue the complaint.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/independent-case-examiner

I really do appreciate that this is more than painful.

Best wishes and good luck

Gill_Scope

• littleruthie123
    Thank you so much .there being more than helpful .and as you say no one is going too be able too help thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,374 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Gill is correct. Child maintenance is no longer taken from your benefits, it used to be but this stopped many years ago. Are you sure the money isn't being taken for any other reason? For example, a loan that you had in the past, a debt from somewhere else maybe?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    No yes that's the problem  they kept taking It!.since 2016 .and aren't giving it back lol
  • littleruthie123
    Rang them again .clueless can't see any info on my documents or complaint !.can't get any luck on phone it's just call centres and not dwp ridiculous

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.