ESA court ruling — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA court ruling

Options
Bonnieward93
Bonnieward93 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hiya so iv heard that Dwp have lost the ruling and going to be owing people some back payment  iv been on ESA for 5 years and just found a letter dated 14th June 2016 showing my money going up because I'm crossing over from work related activity group to contribution based  I shouldn't of been on it in the first place, do you think il be eligible for back pay please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The ruling is for those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA and were automatically awarded Contribution based ESA. Those that were entitled to Income related were never assessed for this. It's these people that will be owed back dated money. Your award for Support Group states that you were indeed claiming Income Related, with slight deductions for something, which it doesn't state.

Unless you claim DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living and live alone, with no one claiming carers Allowance for looking after you then you won't be awed any back dated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.