What its like to Wear AFO's? Any tips or advice? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What its like to Wear AFO's? Any tips or advice?

2»

Comments

• Dibs
    Dibs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    This hot summer long I have been wearing Ecco's white lace-up boots over my AFOs, with baggy linen trousers or jeans.  My left AFO is quite uncomfortable, especially in the heat. I have an appointment at St Mary's Roehampton on 29 August so am managing with a rubber-like material called poron which I can cut to size, and chiropody felt etc till then.  The heat and the discomfort do act as disincentives to do very much that involves walking.  I am one of those strange people who prefers cool weather, even rain!!!
  • niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    I’m with you on preferring cool weather @Dibs it makes afos so sweaty and gross! Are Ecco shoes good? I’m having a nightmare with smarter shoes, as piedro have changed their styles! 
  • Dibs
    Dibs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Am anxiously awaiting my first pair of Piedros.  Yes, I find the Ecco lace-up ankle boots are comfortable for me.  For smarter occasions I tend to wear black trousers and black ankle boots, although a new pair of white Eccos can look quite smart for a while, in the summer.  Every day is a bit of a challenge in this heat.
  • niceboots
    niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Piedros are really good, I’ve worn them for nearly 30 years! Are you getting them through orthotics?

Brightness