Claiming for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming for PIP

Options
Bobcon
Bobcon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have received word that My DLA is coming to an end I have had DLA for 27 years which I’ve always used a mobility car I have now to claim for Pip and I’m worried sick does anyone else feel like this I missed the 2013 deadline by 2 months I am now 69

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Bobcon,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. :)

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having - it sounds like a really stressful time.

Have you had a look at our Personal Independence Payment pages on our website? They may be useful and of interest to you. I've also moved this discussion into our PIP category, so other members of our community can offer advice and support.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, then please do get in touch! 
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,992 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bobcon said:
    Hi I have received word that My DLA is coming to an end I have had DLA for 27 years which I’ve always used a mobility car I have now to claim for Pip and I’m worried sick does anyone else feel like this I missed the 2013 deadline by 2 months I am now 69

Hi,
    Yes every single person feels exactly the same. You now need to ring PIP to start your claim off before the date on the letter. They will them send you the PIP2 forms to fill in. I'd advise you get some help to fill those forms in from your local CAB or the likes.

You'll need to make sure you send evidence with the forms because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

PIP and DLA is completely different. Take a look online at the PIP descriptors so you'll know how the points system works for an award. Expect a face 2 face assessment as most people have them.

As long as those forms are returned by the deadline, your DLA will continue until a decision is made on the PIP. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We wish you the very best with your claim and please do keep us updated :) If there is anything more we can do then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• Bobcon
    Bobcon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help, the handler did ask my permission to open my DLA award which I have given so I’m just waiting for the forms to come like everyone else in this position I’m anxious you think after going through it all 27 years ago that would be it but not so! I was diagnosed with polio as a baby spent years in hospital in an iron lung one leg is shorter than the other a twisted spine had a medical with a doctor 27 years ago who came to my house took me out to see if I could walk etc and thanks to her a managed to get DLA which was a god send as I was able to then to get my Mobility car Now it all hangs in the balance which they don’t understand is as the years go on you don’t get any better only worse but thank you for help once again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.