PIP POINTS - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP POINTS

2»

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Luggah I think you’d need to email scope about your username, I just looked at my settings on mine but can’t see how to change it.

• Luggah
    Luggah Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    susan48 said:
    @Luggah I think you’d need to email scope about your username, I just looked at my settings on mine but can’t see how to change it.

Thanks, Susan
    Ddd
  • Luggah
    susan48 said:

A date on the assessment report say 12 months,  I think this may be it, it is not mentioned on the decision letter
    Ddd
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    That will be the award length 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Anything mentioned in a HCP report is a recommendation. If an end date is not mentioned on the decision letter then you’ve either missed it; lost the page or it’s an ongoing award.
    As @Username_removed Also has stated above. A decision letter should look like this on it. This is mine and yours should have something like it or similar.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Luggah
    Thanks I will look at it again,  I was declined both so maybe reason y not mentioned
    Ddd
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    As others have said, it's the descriptor with the highest points in a category that applies and only one descriptor per category is allowed.

So, with preparing food, if you meet two descriptors, one with 2 points, the other with 4, it is the descriptor with 4 points that applies, and only that one descriptor.  You cannot add descriptors together within a category.
  • Luggah
    I am unable to cook as walk using a frame, therefore both my hands are occupied, and is not a me to carry pots and pans and also food.  Only way is will require help from another person.  Will this give me 4 points.  Or even 12 as don't be able to cook at all if alone

Ddd
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Go through all the food prep descriptors and select the highest-points one that applies.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no 12 points for this descriptor, the most you can get for this is 8 points.

Here's little more about what this descriptor means and a little about the 8 points that a claimant could score.
    Descriptor preparing food.

Descriptor 1F measures the ability to prepare and cook food. A claimant can only satisfy 1F if they can neither prepare nor cook food (even with assistance or supervision). If they cannot do one of these, even with assistance or supervision, but can do the other then one of the other descriptors will apply.

Claimants who can prepare food but cannot cook it, would not satisfy this descriptor.

Basically this means that if can prepare and cook food with supervision/assistance then you won't score 8 points in this descriptor. 4 points is possible and most likely more appropriate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Luggah said:
    Thank you for advice, my gp now saying I missed out a lot of other problems I have which he can evidence.  If I now add these dwp will think im lying as not mention before..
    That was a problem I had with my old ESA claim in 2009 and my PIP claims.

For the ESA claim I read the ESA50 form to mean that I could only describe the problems that I was having that related to the condition that was written on the sick note. Obviously the sick note would have had to run to three pages to get the rest on. I pointed out to the DWP after I failed that it was because they didn't have the full story. I cited the ESA50 and they didn't believe what I was saying, then after looking at it the DWP agreed that the wording was not clear.  Eventually they understood the whole of the issues and gave me the Support Group for 3 years. Shortly after that they revised the ESA50 and the notes attached to it.

Likewise with the PIP forms. I filled the first one out for all of my issues including mental health. Unfortunately the assessor didn't believe a word that I had anything wrong with me. For the second and third PIP forms I put all of the problems down except any that had a bearing to my mental health as there was no point trying to push water uphill. For PIP I had Enhanced for both mobility and Care but alas lost it all after the third review earlier this year.

• thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Look at the food preparation descriptors. It assesses your ability to make yourself a meal independently and safely too. Pick the one that applies to you. 
  • Luggah

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.