Sdp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi I'm sure it's correct but can some advice please .My sons finished his college course .so will have too claim jsa in till something comes up .do I loose my disability premium now .Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unless your son also claims a qualifying benefit like Mid/high rate care DLA or daily living PIP then yes you will lose the SDP. You need to report the changes to ESA as soon as possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks yes thought so lol .
  • littleruthie123
    So his 50.00 a week costs ne 65.00 loss abd extra housing bebefit .yhats all i need .he better get a job quick!
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2018
    Unfortunately SDP has it's criteria and your son leaving college means no more child benefit/tax credits for him. This means you'll no longer be classed as living alone.

You will have no non dependant deductions in your housing benefit because you obviously are claiming DLA or PIP because of the SDP claim.I'd advise you to ring your local council just to tell them your son is leaving full time education but also remind them of your PIP/DLA award.

See this link for exemptions from non dependant deductions.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks penny yes I have done  thanks for the link too x
  • littleruthie123
    I'm sure they will deduct it quickly .unlike the maintenance payments they owe ?
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Once your son leaves college and child benefit/tax credits stop then you'll need to report these changes to ESA.

Child maintenance payments are no longer deducted from means tested benefits as i already stated in your other post.
  • littleruthie123
    Yes I no they stopped in may 2016 .but esa continued taking them!
  • poppy123456
    Child maintenance payments stopped affecting your benefits on 12th April 2010 and not in 2016.
  • littleruthie123
    God I was working before then though just claiming working tax .went on esa in 2015 .so perhaps they owe me more then .
  • littleruthie123
    I meant mine personally stopped from ex partner in may 2016.why was toll it I will never no or understand 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.