Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge

Options
Cazann
Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
Hi
I am enquiring to see if anyone knows if it's possible to keep and renew my Blue badge, after I lost my PIP application.. I've had a blue badge for over 13 years, while claiming DLA and it runs out in 8 weeks. I've had a reminder from my local council to renew my badge but as I'm appealing to a tribunal, I wasn't sure if I can still get one. Does anyone know?
Thank you.

Comments

• maria1
    maria1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    best thing to do is call and tell them your appealing it for your pip but they might stop it untill  you win your pip back
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Yes- do contact them and explain. They might decide to stop it until you start getting PIP again. 
  • blondie3862
    blondie3862 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I had my blue badge when I didn't get pip. I as long as you have supporting evidence of why you need it, I will you should be fine. I will I rang up and did mine over the phone then emailed the evidence over. 
  • Cazann
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I will ring the council tomorrow and check that out.
    ;) 
  • Cazann
    Options
    Just an update on the Blue badge;
    I rang the council about my Blue badge and they said that I can apply to renew it, even though I am appealing to go to tribunal after losing my PIP appeal.  I have an appointment to go to our local library to renew it. :)

Brightness