For anyone interested in Personal Independence Payment statistics — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

For anyone interested in Personal Independence Payment statistics

Options
Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
See the cart below how many awards and percentages have certain types of awards and how long for in Personal Independence Payment.

Stats from the start of PIP April 2013 to April 2018.

⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• starchild
    starchild Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Well its a **** system impo should t have been allowed to change its just about  taking the word disability out of the ewuation and taking money from people who  are genuinely ill in a capacity .If you were awarded life on dla then iys no different  all this stupid rubbish about oh the criteria has changed no its not .If you lost your eye it wo t get better most issues are permanent and degenerative  they can get a bit better hope  for s cure .maybe im too black and white about this if they put you in prison life is what a person decides with evidence e to the fact .hopefully innocent till proven guilty .This Pip is a farce and its an expensive one too how many more suicides are we doing to   have due to it .People are pushed to the limit .Mental health doesnt get a look in.I dint do well in my pip scored 2 for mental health really why am i suicidal  depressed since 15 anorexic in recovery .Bullying by my family started all this abuse .
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry for all those claiments who have to move over to PIP from DLA, yes the criteria has changed and had to the amount of money being paid out to all the benefits claims not only DLA, PIP but housing council tax ect ect,. There isn't enough money coming in from income tax to get close to meeting the demand. What ever your or my views are on the matter there are still many claiments that are not getting their correct benefits either by wrongly being advised on how to or not claiming in the first place, plus we have those who claim when not entitled to or make out their condition is worst than it actually is talking about Blue Badge holders a friend was refused three times because she could walk 20yards unaided yet we have all seen people park up use stairs from the car park and go round town just as well as any able body person, yes they may most likely have a health problem but when you hear people comment what that all about as they watch the person walk away unaided. Just an observation form people watching.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Options
    Follow on from my above statistics thread...

Scandal of low percentage of indefinite PIP awards

27 July 2018

DR UK demands to know why only 18.1% of PIP awards have been for an indefinite period.

Heidi Allen MP, recently asked a parliamentary question about the length of personal independence payment PIP awards, for claimants, since its introduction. The answer, supplied by Sarah Newton MP for the period between April 2013 and 30th April 2018, revealed a shockingly low number of indefinite PIP awards for a benefit which is aimed at people with severe and chronic conditions.

Worse, not only were 82.8% awards made for 3.5 years or less, 1 in 5 PIP awards (23%) were made for just 1.5 years or less.

Speaking on behalf of Disability Rights UK, our welfare rights and policy adviser Ken Butler said:

"These figures are scandalous. Not only is there a ‘high bar’ set for the PIP test but most claimants will have to go through the same ordeal after two and half years because their award is reviewed automatically one year before its end date.

"Is it really the case that 8 out of 10 PIP claimants are likely to have increased or decreased care or mobility needs within 2.5 years? 

"Not only does this earlier review seem unnecessary in most cases, but it is also a strain on the public purse, made worse because of the high level of success of appeals against bad assessments and decisions.

"All those made an indefinite award will have been made an award of the enhanced daily living component and enhanced mobility component.

"But even if you have been made an indefinite award of both enhanced components you will still be expected to undergo a ‘light touch’ review at the 10-year point.

"Why, when no objective grounds exist to doubt the validity of your award?”

"Isn’t this a waste of public money and time?

"And is this not an insult to such disabled people who will have their PIP award removed if they do not respond to any review?”

Taken from the disability rights website here https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2018/july/scandal-low-percentage-indefinite-pip-awards-0
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so thankful that these stats have been reported. It absolutely re-affirms my decision to pack the whole disability benefits system up even though I know, my GP knows as well as the DWP that I am entitled to such awards.
    As most of you know I was having assessment after assessment every two years from 2013 and having to fight my way every time from 0 points to Enhanced for both.
    The thought oh having these 2 year awards (I'm 70) until when I die was too much to ask for. 
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Your welcome @Yadnad I thought you would find them useful.

I can't believe what I'd seen either at the point of getting these results, you've certainly have paid the price trying to get what's right?

Me, if I was your age I would really try and enjoy life as much as possible if you can, and I do understand your frustration surrounding all this **** our lovely Government is doing to us.

There also would be No way I would keep going through this review every 2 to 3 years anyway it's so depressing.

I'm going through ESA again at the moment I've also decided if it goes wrong I will live of my PIP till it runs out as I can't and won't become a slave to them anymore. I will be free.
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    edited July 2018
    Options

I can't believe what I'd seen either at the point of getting these results, you've certainly have paid the price trying to get what's right?

Me, if I was your age I would really try and enjoy life as much as possible if you can, and I do understand your frustration surrounding all this **** our lovely Government is doing to us.

There also would be No way I would keep going through this review every 2 to 3 years anyway it's so depressing.

I'm going through ESA again at the moment I've also decided if it goes wrong I will live of my PIP till it runs out as I can't and won't become a slave to them anymore. I will be free.

Thanks
    I am and intend to. The whole PIP thing was the only thing that was filling my life at one time. Now that I am 'free' albeit at a cost to the household income of over £200 a week, I am doing what I want to do. 

I even looked at Attendance Allowance but gave that up as a bad job as that also incorporates face to face assessments at regular intervals. Plus you have to be that disabled that you need or have carers who help you for the majority of the day/night or both. Of course I get help from my wife but not to the extent that I am almost a 'cabbage'.

One thing that I am also doing is taking every damn step I can for the next 10 years or so to get rid of our savings and the home. I haven't grafted all of my life to hand everything over to the council should either of us need help from Social Services involvement or a care home. I want to go out of this world as broke as I was when I was born!! 
    Options
    Yadnad said:

Thanks
    I am and intend to. The whole PIP thing was the only thing that was filling my life at one time. Now that I am 'free' albeit at a cost to the household income of over £200 a week, I am doing what I want to do. 

I even looked at Attendance Allowance but gave that up as a bad job as that also incorporates face to face assessments at regular intervals. Plus you have to be that disabled that you need or have carers who help you for the majority of the day/night or both. Of course I get help from my wife but not to the extent that I am almost a 'cabbage'.

One thing that I am also doing is taking every damn step I can for the next 10 years or so to get rid of our savings and the home. I haven't grafted all of my life to hand everything over to the council should either of us need help from Social Services involvement or a care home. I want to go out of this world as broke as I was when I was born!! 

@yadnad your welcome and good for you. Yes the PIP, DLA, ESA, AA and UC is all a corrupt system anyway and only gonna get worse. 

Yes £200 a week is a big hit. Ouch. But you've got your wife I'm on my own and it's very hard.

I don't blame you doing that what I've highlighted above, I'm going to do the same also.
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    Options

@yadnad your welcome and good for you. Yes the PIP, DLA, ESA, AA and UC is all a corrupt system anyway and only gonna get worse. 

Yes £200 a week is a big hit. Ouch. But you've got your wife I'm on my own and it's very hard.

I don't blame you doing that what I've highlighted above, I'm going to do the same also.
    Yes the £200+ included all of our Guaranteed Pension Credit due to the loss of the premiums given because of PIP. So we no longer have any means tested benefits which could cause a problem with having capital above the limits.

It's spend spend spend now. The family are all in agreement as both daughters' are married to professional guys (a solicitor and a doctor) so they have no real need of an inheritance. Off to Canada in early 2020 for a month going from East to West. Then later in 2020 will be off to Australia & New Zealand. to stay with various family members for 2 months. 

Options
    That's the spirit @Yadnad put it all behind you and enjoy life. I wish you well. :):):):)
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What a weird set of rants. Blue Badges can be used to do errands on behalf of a disabled person so there’s nothing untoward about the driver of a vehicle with says badge being able bodied.
    Can they, without the Blue Badge holder no where to be seen?

I doubt that an enforcement officer would take to kindly to be told that the BB owner is doing their shopping whilst the driver sits in the car parked up on double yellow lines? A quick phone call to the BB owner finds him at home telling the officer that his son has borrowed the badge as he has taken his wife shopping to buy the BB owner some new shirts.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @wilko Blue Badges are issued to people for all kinds of disabilities, including invisible ones.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The blue badge is for the badge holders sole use only and not for other family members to use the badge and a disabled parking place while doing shopping for the badge holder who is at home.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    wilko said:
    The blue badge is for the badge holders sole use only and not for other family members to use the badge and a disabled parking place while doing shopping for the badge holder who is at home.
    In which case go to your nearest Tesco/Asda/Lidl or Aldi and remind all of those that park in a reserved yellow bay. You have a fair chance of ending up in hospital!!
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry to break the party up.
    This thread is about

Personal Independence Payment statistics

So please stick to it thank you so kindly

Not Blue Badges.
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry, my fault I picked up on a comment about the use of a Blue Badge.

Stats are what they are - a historical view of what has happened.
    We all know that short award periods are the norm, it is one of the reasons I packed in claiming PIP. 
    I'm waiting for the new guidance for those conditions that mean there never will be an improvement. People seem to be expecting a move back to the days of Indefinite awards for those who receive the Enhanced rates for both components. I seriously doubt that the government will want to deviate that much given the original reasons for implementing PIP - regular re-assessments.

Much the same over video and audio recordings for PIP assessments. This too will be watered down as to be honest there is very little purpose in it happening. That is unless the DWP are willing to put the DVD into their computer system and spend an hour watching and listening to the recording before making a decision.
    Options
    @Yadnad No worries. Yes we know you packed it in get ready for your freedom now as I mentioned above. :)

Yes they are what they are, I tend to agree what will become in the future regarding the so called criteria ie light touch which I'm under etc.

It will be interesting what garbage they throw out regarding it all.

We wait in anticipation. Video recording? Mmmm another one to watch.
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.