Sick and tired of the world we live in — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick and tired of the world we live in

Options
Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello my name is Shola, I am 20 years of age, I suffer from autism and mental health issues and I am really sick and angry with the kind of world that we are living in at the moment because of people telling me and others what to do about how we should and should not live our lives, people saying things about others being lazy and doing what they want to do when are not even doing anything wrong at all. I feel like campaigning and telling a lot more people and the government about how I actually feel about things like that and letting all my feelings out too. I really wish that people and the government would just stop telling me and others what to do with mine and other people's lives as I find it quite wrong, rude and also disrespectful because we should be able to live our lives how we want no matter how old we are and in a world where life is much more easier, certain things should always stay as they are and when people would not be saying negative things about people being lazy sometimes and doing what they want like having fun when they are teenagers or adults like I am an adult now. I just really want things to change like for people to stop telling me what to do especially when I am now over the age of 18 and old enough to do what I want really and for more positives to happen in this world and no more negatives like when things change for the worse in which certain things should not change at all. I also wish that I was in another country right now where I would be seen more as an adult and be treated as one and also with respect.
S.York

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    @Sholay09 I tend to agree with you, unlike me your very young and been thrown into a word of tech and where nobody cares anymore, and there's no respect now from anyone.

I grow up on the 60's where life was very different, and kids could be kids and a lot more respect. This Government doesn't care at all when it come to the less fortunate like us, also with the likes of the media and Facebook etc things are here now to disgrace the disabled and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

With the rise of thatcher in the 80's things then took a downward spiral to where we are now.

I really feel for you being so young and years of having to put up with all this torture.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness