What the hell is rj gmcl please should they use it - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What the hell is rj gmcl please should they use it

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to say though that the assessment provider knew i drove during both my PIP assessments. It didn't go against me in either of mine. My mobility was increased after my review too from standard to enhanced.

I'm unable to walk very far but i certainly don't have any issues driving an automatic. I don't suffer with MH and my cognitive ability is fine too.
    That particular statement is put out by the DWP not the assessor.
    It is found in many decision notices to reinforce why an award should not be made.
    It has already been the subject of many conversations on Rightsnet over the past 12 months. It is nothing more than a cut and past statement that the DWP thought up.
  • Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Yadhad very lucky person  how did you get pip if you do so much in a week
    me  can’t use a bus as I need the toilet now  same with a taxi if I have a accendent in my car  it’s ok hospital 10 mins away that’s all I drive go to the loo before I set off when I get there   This has got me so upset   
  • Yadnad
    edited July 2018

Ive become disabled over the last 5 year ish and only recently found this forum. I’m shocked and disgusted how people are being treated. Why oh why does this happen,
    You do have to remember that you mostly only the read the bad stories. There's lots of people out there who do claim PIP successfully, without having to fight for it. The problem is, is that we don't hear about them. If someone's had a decision in their favour and they're happy with it, they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear their story.
    In fact the chances of being awarded the right level of PIP is up towards 90% of all decisions made.
    Surprisingly there are a number of claimants who make it extremely hard on purpose for the assessor to give a good report and the DWP to make a half decent award. I know of one individual that makes it his life mission to be as awkward as he can simply to create a situation that enables him to complain to his MP at regular intervals. I am sure that he really doesn't give a damn if he gets an award or not - he likes to create chaos and aggravation.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Quinlan1 said:
    Yadhad very lucky person  how did you get pip if you do so much in a week
    me  can’t use a bus as I need the toilet now  same with a taxi if I have a accendent in my car  it’s ok hospital 10 mins away that’s all I drive go to the loo before I set off when I get there   This has got me so upset   
    You must have him confused with someone else here. Yadnad doesn't receive PIP or any other disability benefit. Jealousy doesn't get you far these days, sorry but you can't compare yourself to others.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:

Ive become disabled over the last 5 year ish and only recently found this forum. I’m shocked and disgusted how people are being treated. Why oh why does this happen,
    You do have to remember that you mostly only the read the bad stories. There's lots of people out there who do claim PIP successfully, without having to fight for it. The problem is, is that we don't hear about them. If someone's had a decision in their favour and they're happy with it, they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear their story.
    In fact the chances of being awarded the right level of PIP is up towards 90% of all decisions made.
    Surprisingly there are a number of claimants who make it extremely hard on purpose for the assessor to give a good report and the DWP to make a half decent award. I know of one individual that makes it his life mission to be as awkward as he can simply to create a situation that enables him to complain to his MP at regular intervals. I am sure that he really doesn't give a damn if he gets an award or not - he likes to create chaos and aggravation.
    Surprisingly? from all the stories i read i'm not surprised by that at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad

I never said it was but there's people out there that couldn't go out without their car and using public transport for some isn't an option. Lucky for you that you're able to walk around the ward visiting residents.
    When one has no choice in the matter and walking is the only alternative albeit with stops every 10/15 metres you have to do it - you are left with a choice of vegetating in the home or taking responsibility for your own difficulties.

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hi all, I’m certainly not complaining I’ve a wonder husband and children who will take me anywhere, I’m very lucky. 
    My comments regarding how the pip/esa system work as shocked me, I have no doubt that many,many people do receive the correct level of benefit. I have and many others I assume have and will be treated with respect and decency, this should be for all. Why lie in an assessment, if a person doesn’t meet the criteria for a descriptor then that’s it but to blatantly lie when these people have the evidence baffles me. 
    I’m waiting for my dm decision and my stress level is through the roof, goodness knows how people must feel when there’s lies involved and their pip/esa as been declined. Shocking. 
  • poppy123456
    Why lie in an assessment, if a person doesn’t meet the criteria for a descriptor then that’s it but to blatantly lie when these people have the evidence baffles me. 

I'm confused by your comment above. Who's lied?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Quinlan1, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling upset about all of this- the appeals process can feel really draining and overwhelming, but here on the community we'll try to advise and assist wherever we can. 

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

It was mentioned above too, but something you might like to look into is having your prescriptions delivered to your house- this Boots page has some more information which may be worth a read. Have a look, and please do come back to us with any questions and let us know how you're doing.

• Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Pipa got upset as one of them said I should not drive and claim pip  I am doing this all alone every person I asked for help has drop me wil not be doing anything more on here just go over a Suicide attempt still no help yes done social services gp mind never mind thanks for careing
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hi poppy123456,The ‘lies’ Ive stated is regarding the hcp and their written statements that people on this forum as discussed and the treatment they have received on their assessment day.
  • Yadnad
    Hi poppy123456,The ‘lies’ Ive stated is regarding the hcp and their written statements that people on this forum as discussed and the treatment they have received on their assessment day.
    The report is not a statement of fact. It is a statement of one person's opinion. The assessor may well have decided that everything you have put on your form is untrue or that the evidence sent in does not prove how your issues impact on your life.
    I and everyone else can have an opinion about anything. It certainly does not need to be true. As an example I could have the opinion that the majority of people that have a Blue Badge are faking their condition to get it, the truth however is that most are genuinely in need of that badge and are entitled to it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.