Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Options
lesley62
lesley62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi  I am new to this site 
My pip is being reassessed is it normal to stop payments during this period 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It depends if your PIP is a review or a new claim. Some awards have review dates, while others don't and they're contacted 3 months before their award is due to end. Once they reach the end date then PIP stops if a decision hasn't been made within that time.

When is your PIP due to end? If it's next year then yours is a review, in which case did you return the form within the time given?

Maybe you've had your assessment and a decision's been made and you weren't successful?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If in doubt about payments ect phone DWP this should be your first port of call for the latest information regarding your PIP or other benefits  you are claiming, but once you have the details you can come to the scope forum for help advice or opinions.
  • curiousmom1996
    curiousmom1996 Posts: 35 Courageous
    Options
    Please phone the DWP for further advice and support. Once you have done that come back here with your questions. We are here to provide help information and support to you guys. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.