Trouble posting here on a pad or tablet? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trouble posting here on a pad or tablet?

Gaina
Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
Does anyone else here find it a nightmare to post new topics or reply to posts if you're using a table or iPad?

I find the cursor jumps all over the place when I've quoted a previous post and I'm trying to respond to it.  I usually resort to writing posts on a separate note app then copy+paste it.

Also, the method of applying bold, italics, etc could be smoother.   I'm up for helping your tech person test a few things to make it more user friendly. ?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gaina, thank you very much for this feedback! We really do want to make the community as easy to use as possible. I will pass your comments on and hopefully we can try to resolve the issues :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    @Andy_Assistive
    @Ryan_Assistive

Just thought I should make you guys aware of this :)
    Scope

• Andy_Scope
    Andy_Scope Scope Posts: 47 Courageous

I’ll test it out and see if I can replicate the problem.
    what method do you use for quoting another post is it cut & paste?
    I’ll  also pass the comments over to the team who maintains the site too.
    thanks 
    Andy
  • Andy_Scope
    Ah just seen the "Quote tab.
    I was working on an iPad and it was off the screen

• Chloe_Scope
  • Andy_Scope
    @Gaina
    just testing this out Gaina said:
    Does anyone else here find it a nightmare to post new topics or reply to posts if you're using a table or iPad?

I find the cursor jumps all over the place when I've quoted a previous post and I'm trying to respond to it.  I usually resort to writing posts on a separate note app then copy+paste it.

Also, the method of applying bold, italics, etc could be smoother.   I'm up for helping your tech person test a few things to make it more user friendly. ?
    The cursor vanished after putting your name in at the top of the message and needed a return adding to bring it back but it’s been stable so far. After that.
    acn you tell me which operating system version you are on and do you have any other accessibility apps running. If you want to share that privately rather than on here  please PM or email me Andy.hall@scope.org.uk
    Andy

• Gaina
    Hi all. ? I don't use any assistance apps on my Samsung galaxy Tab A. The operating system is Android 7.1.1 and I'm accessing the site via the latest version of the Firefox app for Android. ?
  • Andy_Scope
    Thanks @Gaina
    That's really useful as it will allow us to see how different devices work (or don't). 
  • Gaina
    edited August 2018
    Thanks @Gaina
    That's really useful as it will allow us to see how different devices work (or don't). 
    My pleasure. :)  Incidentally, I don't have any problems when accessing the website via my PC. :)

If you want to use me as a 'guinea pig' to test anything, just drop me a private message and I'll be happy to help.

Brightness