Severe Disability Premium-Refused
I asked for some advice a few weeks ago re: P.I.P. (M.R) and also…
I was sent an application form for Severe Disablement Premium.
The DWP sent me this application I did not request this….
Anyhow this afternoon Wed 31.7.018 I made two enquiries on the above claims.
The P.I.P claim is still being decided, they have received the M.R., was given advice that it would take about another two weeks… This was confirmed a few minutes later by text.
I also enquired about the Severe Disability Premium (SDP).
They could not help me with this but was advised to ring my local Job Centre….
This I did (after almost twenty mins waiting) and divulging personal info..
I was told that I was not entitled to this because I live with my brother.
If anything happened to me I could always call upon my brother to help me.
So the case was closed!
But…my brother works nights, and I am out the house during the day because he is sleeping.
This time I spend in my local library (as when typing this) so I am on my own during the night.
Things have happened to me during the night…incontinence, falling whilst going to the toilet because of the gout (excruciatingly painful) leading to incontinence…
Like most people I have good and bad days.
But although I do not like admitting this I have just turned fifty, and things are getting worse.
Should I take this decision lying down and accept the SDP decision or should I go to the C.A.B (they are worth their weight in gold) and appeal.
Thank you for any attention on this…
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments