Today, You Beat Me - a poem about chronic pain - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Today, You Beat Me - a poem about chronic pain

2»

Comments

• mrcold
    mrcold Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have been suffering with joint pain for a long time, I’ve been given every pain killer available to no avail and now they’ve finally referred me to the hospital for rheumatoid arthritis so hopefully I can finally be diagnosed with an actual illness and be treated accordingly
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrcold and a warm welcome to the community! It is great to see you jumping into discussions :) I really do hope you manage to get your treatment sorted as joint pain is no fun!! (talking from personal experience!) 
    If you need anything then please do not hesitate to ask :)
    Scope

• AngieMBal
    AngieMBal Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I definitely resonate with the poem.The worst thing of having an illness which cannot be seen, people just assume because I get on with things, everything is fine.
    I work full time and have chronic pain daily. I work 5 days a week, then crash at the weekend which obviously my husband and teenager aren't happy about so I have half a rest day, usually Sunday's. I have a curvature of the spine with degenerative L2 and 3 discs . Fybromyalgia, arthritis in both knees, wrist and thumb. Constant pain in all joints, but I just can't stop being busy which leads to fatigue, catch 22.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @AngieMBal, and thank you for sharing this with- I'm sure many of our other members will be able to relate to your experiences.
  • peppapot
    peppapot Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you Claire brought tears to my eyes as you summed it up so beautifully. Living with constant pain is such a hard thing to do knowing everyday you wake up it’s going to be the same. 

Brightness