PIP points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP points

Kirsty2784
Kirsty2784 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I got results back from pip and they gave me no points for daily living as I have too be reminded too take my tablets by my partner and got no points for it at all 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kirsty2784 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear this. Are you planning on appealing the result?
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kirsty2784 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry what has happened. May I suggest you need to appeal. That is what you may need to do.  The benefit system is complex and confusing. I understand the situation and the disappointment you must feel.

I would advise contact CAB or welfare rights for further benefit information.    Have a look at our community advice on PIP. Lots of similar stories like yours.

We are a supportive, friendly community who care and share.

Ask the community anything.  Some one will be able to help and assist.

Hope that helps.

Wish you all the best what ever you decide to do. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to take a look at the PIP descriptors to see where you can possibly score those points. There's more to PIP than being reminded to take your medication daily. There's a PIP self test online that you can complete, this will give you some idea what you could possibly score. Getting those points will totally depend on the evidence you have to support your claim. This test is just guide and there's no gurantee you'll score those points.

With your PIP you now have 1 month from the date of the decision to as for a Mandatory reconsideration (MR) you'll need to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and state where you think you should have scored those points. Most MR decisions remain the same so you may end up taking it to Tribunal.

I'd advise ringing your local CAB or the likes for help with this. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Getting PIP is all about how you answer the questions on the initial or review application form because if you get turned down you cannot start changing your answers further down the process as tribunals will always refer to your application.
    People do not study the ins and outs of PIP before they put pen to paper they just list all their medical conditions and medication without looking at how these conditions affect their ability to carry out the descriptors in the PIP criteria and that is why they fail to get an award.
  • poppy123456
    I disagree with that. I claimed PIP for my daughter last year and had help to fill the forms in by a local disability centre. The person asked some questions about her conditions and filled the form in while being sat next to me. I could see what was being put on the form and the info was very little. I wasn't too worried at the time because i thought i would be given the form to send myself and would be able to add more information. Well that wasn't what happened. I was asked to sign the form (i'm her appointee) I then said don't i have the forms back to send myself? He replied, no we don't do it that way, i take the form back to the office with me, copy it and send it for you. I was extremely worried. Although i did have reports from disability team, College and Consultants which proved the descriptors applied to her by stating exactly how she's affected by her conditions. I gave the evidence to the person to send with the form. It was a first time claim and not a transfer from DLA.

I rang later that day to check what he did was correct because i was so worried. I was told it was correct and they always take the forms to send their self. The form had already been sent. I was very worried that it would affect her claim.

2 weeks later she had her assessment at home, which was agreed without a letter from her GP. almost 6 weeks after that the decision arrived, Enhanced for both parts. The evidence i sent proved her conditions and which descriptors applied to her. So, filling the forms in isn't as important as you think, if the evidence you send states how you're affected.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Thanks for that. I guess it was just lucky for my daughter that the bad form filling didn't go against her, like i said i was worried. I didn't actually tell the person i was going to add more information, it's what i thought in my head. Usually in the past i've always used CAB for myself, unfortunately this time they were unable to fit an appointment in, in the time frame.

I know for a fact that i won't be using them again anytime soon. Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.