PIP award triggering ESA reassessment???? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award triggering ESA reassessment????

13»

Comments

• Katmalan
    Katmalan Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi, thank you Will!!

So it's OK to send them evidence and they'll tag it onto my form?

All I have are appointment letters, but I am seeing my Dr on Wednesday, should I ask her for a letter too? She'll do one for me, I've no doubt about that.

Again though, thank you, and I will update on what happens next  

Kat
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence and will not be accepted, this is because they dont' mean anything and it doesn't tell them anything about your condition.

A letter from your GP will help but you'll need more than this. You can ask your GP if they have anything in your medical records you can use, there's no charge for this providing you have a digital copy and you can then print what you need. Other things can be anything from social worker letters, Occupational therapist letters, a diary written by yourself, or even a letter from someone who knows you well. Please be aware that GPs often charge for letters like this and many will even refuse a letter for benefit purposes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Katmalan
    Katmalan Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Thank you for that info  poppy. 

I think it's worthwhile asking her for a letter even if there's a charge. Can't lose anything by it but could gain by keeping my wheelchair. 

I totally understand why they're doing it, well, one reason I'm told, is to remove people who are faking disability. Which is sad. But it just makes it harder on genuine ones.

As I say, I will update you, but knowing whatwhat I've been told on herehere, I'm expecting to have to appeal. 

Kat

• poppy123456
    Hi,

You can certainly try to hand your evidence in during the assessment but dont be surprised if the refuse to accept it. This very often happens, it's happen to me and many other people too.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "points sheet" being placed in the Support Group for ESA isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the support group descriptors, or reg 35.

You can certainly ask to see what's been written but they could refuse to show you. You can ring DWP about 1 week after and ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.

No, you can not record the assessment on your phone. You need permission to record any assessment and you need to ring them 2 days before the date. If you record secretly and they catch you, you risk having your file returned to DWP and being found fit for work. To record an assessment you need to use either a CD or tape recorder, you must produce 2 identical copies and one must be handed in at the end of the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sharon1973
    Sharon1973 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Sorry this is pip assessment im going for im already on esa support group
  • Sharon1973
    I was told to take as much evidence with me to the assessment next week. Can i still post the new information i jave to DWP before my assessment and try handing the new evidence in at my assessment next week? Its PIP f2f im going for. The points sheet they tick with how many points you get.
  • poppy123456
    Sorry this is pip assessment im going for im already on esa support group
    Sorry, as you posted your question in the ESA thread then i assumed it was ESA. Regardless, the advise i gave you above applies to PIP as well as ESA.

As i said, yes take it with you but don't be surprised if they refuse to accept it on the day of your assessment. You can try sending it to the DWP but it maybe too late as your form has already been sent to the assessment providers.
    Is there any reasons why you didn't send the evidence with the form? It does state on the front of the form what to send with it and evidence is one of them.
  • Sharon1973
    I sent them some with the form but i found more and got anotger letter from another consultant i see

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.