Distance ? Mobility - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Distance ? Mobility

Comments

• Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    Maybe they are reconsidering those who they haven’t sent any court papers out to @tina1888 Good luck , The whole thing is so nerve wrecking. Xx
  • tina1888
    tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    @Jaytbm1 how long have u been waiting? Im approx 4 something months.
  • Jaytbm1
    @tina1888. I am about the same , have been told it could be at least 8 months. I am in Chester 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    They are offering a way out of the appeal system only because the DWP know that the appeal judgement will probably go in the claimant's favour.
    If the DWP think that a case needs to be fought (because it is unusual) or that there is limited evidence to support the claimant's claim then they will take it all the way to the Tribunal.
    Even if you drop off evidence days before the hearing, a copy of what you have sent is given to the DWP to review. Based on that new evidence you may find that the DWP will at the last minute make an offer or change the decision.
  • Jaytbm1
    Thank you @Yadnad good to know x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any mental health issues that affect your mobility ?
  • 11faerie1
    11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    My mental health affects my ability to leave the house, they took away mobility component because at home f2f I walked assessor the 5 steps to the door to let him out.He said I walked at a "normal gait". 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    @Jaytbm1 1 I was waiting for paperwork to arrive from DWP but they changed award and cancelled appeal. I'm still in shock

• april123
    @tina1888 I did it myself after using works and pension info plus all the support and advise from here 
  • 11faerie1
    11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    I only got my decision yesterday  but yes I will.i need to visit citizens advice on Monday..I'm not sure how to go about it correctly.
  • april123
    @11faerie1 what did you get hope your CAB better than mine I knew more than he did so done my own MR then letter to appeal
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I got standard mobiliy at tribunal for mental health that’s why im asking 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I wish I hadn't read all this now as I will just worry more.

Still waiting for my initial response from my application. How far can I walk without too much pain? 0 metres but I live in a place where I cannot use my wheelchair so I have to walk to get a drink or something to eat or go to the toilet or answer the door. I get no help and that always makes people think I am not so bad except that lies on my reports have blacklisted me from having a Social Worker. I walk because I have no choice and then spend hours sitting in a recliner to recover from each hellish trek I have mentioned. Even so, I have had ambulance crews doubt me because I managed to answer the door which is 10 metres away at least, ignoring the fact that they rang 2 or 3 times before I got there.

I currently have a motobility vehicle because driving is mostly not a problem thanks to cruise control but, if the decision goes badly and I lose it, I cannot replace it if I have to appeal as I cannot use taxi's due to MH issues and no one helps me.

It seems I am just a mass of fear and misery these days.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    Topkitten said:

I currently have a motobility vehicle because driving is mostly not a problem thanks to cruise control but, if the decision goes badly and I lose it, I cannot replace it if I have to appeal as I cannot use taxi's due to MH issues and no one helps me.
    Are you saying that you cannot be driven by car due to mental health difficulties yet are so mentally alert and physically able to drive a car even if it is an automatic one?
    Using the cruise control function is only best used on long distance driving where the road is clear and open.
    To use it in any other way is a nightmare in that the foot brake cancels it and then you have to put it back on watching all of the time that the speed it is set for is suitable for the road conditions that you find yourself in.

• tina1888
    @Yadnad do u sctually help anyone one here with any of your comments? To me u just trole through making people feel worse. 
    You understand your situation no one elses so please if u cannot find it in your heart to say something positive and help someone just keep your opinions to yourself!!!
  • tina1888
    @Topkitten ive just had my comment deleted for standing up for u. So i will send u a hug.
    Its a pity @Yadnad horrible unhelpful messages are not deleted so quickly. 
    Maybe they admin?
  • Yadnad
    tina1888 said:
    @Yadnad do u sctually help anyone one here with any of your comments? To me u just trole through making people feel worse. 
    You understand your situation no one elses so please if u cannot find it in your heart to say something positive and help someone just keep your opinions to yourself!!!
    Yes I do with factual, honest and reality opinions. If posters only want to hear the positive aspects and never plan for the negatives then they are deluding themselves.
    We don't live in a world (DWP world that is) where every thing in life is clear cut justice. Bad things happen to good people.
  • tina1888
    @Yadnad no its not factual or honest it is your opinion. You must be such a negative person you tried to do it to me on my post " oh i dont even mention my diabetes" i dont let it affect me etc. As i said before good for u. Amazing!
    People on here are on for a variety of reasons most are looking for help a kind word. Unless you can offer this keep your negative opinions to you
     Compation, care empathy are really great qualities to have u need to work on that.
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi @Jaytbm1, I didn’t get the bundle of paperwork from the dwp as they decided not to defend the appeal, I just had a letter (of several pages) setting out their decision and how they arrived at it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.