Esa report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa report

11faerie1
11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi, I've  just received my esa report.While most is correct, some is like WHAT???.I have very poor memory but she said that it was normal on exam. Apparently I completed  5 rounds of serial events tests.....calculate change from £1 when spending 75p...remembers 3 objects....With!!!! I didn't do these tests.No money or objects mentioned....did she sneak them in? I am dumb founded.  I got 18 points. Not enough to be on support group which I was in...I will of course appeal.Can they do That?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @11faerie1, I am sorry to hear that the report wasn't a true reflection of what happened. Many of us have been through the appeal process so would be more than willing to help! You can also find information on the Scope website about the appeal process here
    Please do let me know if there is anything else that I can do :)
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It apears that they can and do, just because you didn't do the money or memory test the acessor may have been able to judge your memory abilities by the conversation you where having during the acessment. You may have been asked questions unrelated to how is your memory but the answers you gave was or is an good Indecation that your memory if fine. Not taking sides but the acessor will observe you and can and will asume or make a decision on your abilities and capability to do things with out asking you or requiring you to do a particular task. So we have to be very aware of these sly observations and assumptions  that are made without our knowledge or consent.
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    I am so sad to hear yet another persons experience of these inaccurate medical assessments.  Mine consisted of lies, inaccuracies, inconsistencies and contradictions.  These assessors would make more money writing novels, they are very good at making up stories etc.   it is high time they were reprimanded for their mistakes! Brought to Justice!  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to check the descriptors for the Support Group to see if you still qualify because it's not about scoring points. You have to satisfy at least one of those to gain entry into the Support Group.

There's also regulation 35 for Support Group entry. See details of that here.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request your MR if you think you qualify for the Support Group. I would get some help with this from either your local CAB or other disability advice centre in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 11faerie1
    Thankyou foe your replies.my memory problems are a result of removed brain tumour and medication.  I made such an effort to be prepared and stay calm so I could answer as well as I could.Shouldnt have bothered.My doc of 20 yrs will hopefully give me a good report.My neurologist said iv been through the mill so I'm going to have problems like this.Ill tell you another thing my friend who is a nurse said assessors are paid a fortune for doing this.Aint they lucky!!!
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Unfortunately the assessment report is often inaccurate. My son’s first ever DLA assessment report stated that he could walk independently and had no bowel and bladder issues either.

I decided to contest the decision at tribunal since I doubled that I could insist on them trying to edit the report. Short answer- we won the case and was awarded the money at last. Do not delay you only have 4 weeks for appealing. Obtain advice from your local CAB office first regarding mandatory reconsideration. Make sure that you find a set of descriptors and read them carefully to see if you are eligible. Remember this is different to PIP or DLA. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to take a look at the Support Group descriptor link i posted for you, or reg 35 to see which if any apply to you. I'd advise you to get some help because those descriptors won't apply to everyone. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 11faerie1
    Thankyou so much for advice, I'll be sure to take note of this when I'm going for advice. Which won't be CAB.  Havnt found them useful in past 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.